Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I'm Baaack!

Options
  • 31-01-2020 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Back posting after an extended hiatus due to family commitments.

Just placed my order today for this beauty:

QlBcuJ9.png

If anyone is looking for a lightly used i3 REx. Only 190,000km, let me know....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cros13 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Just placed my order today for this beauty:

QlBcuJ9.png

Welcome back.
    Although cannot see the pic. Just a little grey square box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

kceire wrote: »
    Although cannot see the pic. Just a little grey square box.

Maybe it was nerfed?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Kramer wrote: »
    Maybe it was nerfed?

https://i.imgur.com/QlBcuJ9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Welcome to the Tesla family.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,095 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Welcome back!

Did you check how much Tesla offered trade in for your BMW, or would you rather not here that depressing figure :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Given what the last one went for , you should have no problem getting €10k at merlins for the i3.

unkel wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Did you check how much Tesla offered trade in for your BMW, or would you rather not here that depressing figure :)

Yeah... I've already resigned myself to selling privately.

This is actually going to be the first car I've ever financed, I bought a new apartment last year so I've only managed to save about €20k.
    But because of the new home my driving patterns have changed and I need the car to do regular 300km runs every weekend to my side businesses in the midlands....which the i3 really isn't up to.
    I'm still unsure how to do it. Deciding between a bank loan or the AIB provided HP finance through Tesla.
    The Tesla HP has a better interest rate but not sure if they accept principal only extra payments.

Also any opinions on the Midnight Silver colour? I haven't yet seen a 3 in real life with that colour, and it's a hard one to judge. Everyone around me seems to have gone white/black/blue/red.
    I like Midnight Silver on the S which why I chose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

This is actually going to be the first car I've ever financed, I bought a new apartment last year so I've only managed to save about €20k.
    But because of the new home my driving patterns have changed and I need the car to do regular 300km runs every weekend to my side businesses in the midlands....which the i3 really isn't up to.
    I'm still unsure how to do it. Deciding between a bank loan or the AIB provided HP finance through Tesla.
    The Tesla HP has a better interest rate but not sure if they accept principal only extra payments.

Also any opinions on the Midnight Silver colour? I haven't yet seen a 3 in real life with that colour, and it's a hard one to judge. Everyone around me seems to have gone white/black/blue/red.

Welcome back, cross13! You were missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hi everyone.

If anyone is looking for a lightly used i3 REx. Only 190,000km, let me know....

Welcome back. Hope all is well and you stay with us!

I liked your insight of the battery world. Do you still have any insights there or are you out of the OEM world?

What state is the i3 battery in after 190k km? What SoH is it showing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,189 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I saw my first model 3 in the flesh today in Castlebar and it was actually that colour. Looked really well I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I saw my first model 3 in the flesh today in Castlebar and it was actually that colour. Looked really well I thought.

Me too, saw one in the work carpark. The dark alloys look class, had to take a pic.

KCross wrote: »
    I liked your insight of the battery world. Do you still have any insights there or are you out of the OEM world?

Still around that space. Some stuff under NDA these days.
    KCross wrote: »
    What state is the i3 battery in after 190k km? What SoH is it showing?

Not bad actually. Last battery kapa max reading I took was a few months back, but it was 17.0kWh.
    So that's a ~10% drop in usable capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

What year is your i3?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,095 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Pity it's not a BEV. I might be interested in a really low price i3 (don't mind very high mileage, battery degradation, a little rough, a few blemishes, etc. and I don't care much about spec or colour - as long as it's not white)

gooner99 wrote: »
    What year is your i3?

It's a 151-reg. REx with every available option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Welcome back, you gunning for your old mod role again?

What's the expected order period at present, is there a long wait time.

Disappointed with the wheel options. I really dislike the aero wheels but the sport ones aren't amazing either.

stesaurus wrote: »
    Welcome back, you gunning for your old mod role again?

Not standing in line for that level of commitment. Besides Tricky and unkel have it in hand. :D
    What's the expected order period at present, is there a long wait time.
    I was told I could be waiting until late April / early May. Which TBH suits me as I still need to sort out my charging at my new apartment. Currently have a cable out the window.
    Disappointed with the wheel options. I really dislike the aero wheels but the sport ones aren't amazing either.

Not super stoked on the aero, but the alloys under aren't bad. My habit is to keep a winter set of wheels/tires, I may either buy the sport alloys or aftermarkets for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,792 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just in terms of rates look outside the banks too. The loan market has gotten more competitive. Avantcard for example have very competitive rates over 20k values.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not standing in line for that level of commitment. Besides Tricky and unkel have it in hand. :D

Doesn't even know who the current mod is! Can tell you've been away too long ðŸ˜

We should probably start a pool on how long it takes your Model 3 to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Are you able to install a charger because you are ground floor?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    Doesn't even know who the current mod is! Can tell you've been away too long ðŸ˜

We should probably start a pool on how long it takes your Model 3 to arrive!

Sorry liamog... my bad!

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Are you able to install a charger because you are ground floor?

Yes. I will be. It's just a matter of getting around to doing the work. The cable from the consumer unit needs to go through my storeroom which I need to clear out and a few other jobs need to get done first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Yes. I will be. It's just a matter of getting around to doing the work. The cable from the consumer unit needs to go through my storeroom which I need to clear out and a few other jobs need to get done first.

Cool. How did you find the Tyre wear on the i3. Read that they sometimes need to replaced quite regularly and given that they are expensive can negate the running costs ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Cool. How did you find the Tyre wear on the i3. Read that they sometimes need to replaced quite regularly and given that they are expensive can negate the running costs ?

Yeah... they wear pretty quick compared to most... especially on the rears due to the torque. The price of the tires is largely a solved problem.
    The OEM tires are all bridgestones and were originally only available through BMW dealers but as soon as other options came on the market ~2017 they more than halved the prices.

Chinese tires start about €90-110 per corner. Brand names range between €120-140 per corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

My S is midnight silver. Haven't seen it on a 3 but it is one of the things I love most about my S.

Welcome back!

PKzW0Gj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Earlier than expected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

PKzW0Gj.png

Excellent news!
    Do you ever stop in my place, cross13? I’d be super delighted to see you and the M3!
    On the other note - could you PM me if your beemer is still for sale and what you are looking to get? I colleague of mine is looking to get one. Might suit him well.

PKzW0Gj.png

Is there much of a difference in what you paid for the i3 Rex compared to the M3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just passing by after seeing this thread on the home page, congrats. I'm a VW fanboy and not too clued up on EV, but Tesla's are another beast all together. Enjoy :)

Advertisement