Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

February Photo Competition

Options
  • 31-01-2020 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks…..by popular demand (well six of us at the minute :D) welcome to the first ever Boardsies Monthly Drone Photo Competition! It’s a day early but I just remembered I’m out for some pints tonight so I may not be in any state to post this tomorrow!!

Each month will have a separate theme, and I’d propose the winner of the previous month’s competition picks the theme for the next month. This month’s theme is Irish History (A ruin/castle /church etc.) as suggested by ScrubsFanChris in the previous thread.

The rules are pretty simple and may morph over time depending on the uptake and if I can think of anything I’ve missed!
    1. The most obvious – entries must be taken by drone
    2. No shots that were taken in an illegal fashion
    3. All images submitted must be your own work
    4. Photoshop/Lightroom allowed, but try to fight the urge to stick a 20ft moon or a werewolf in the background of your shot of Trim Castle :pac:
    5. Two entries per person maximum – Upload your entries to Imgur or similar, and submit the links to me via PM. You can also provide details like Drone Model, ISO settings, Shutter speed etc but this is not compulsory.
    6. Please give each entry a title, it will help with the poll at the end, doesn’t have to be anything fancy, even just the name of the location would suffice. If I get duplicate titles I’ll be in touch once received.
    7. Stick to the theme as close as possible, the themes will be broad enough to give plenty of scope for artistic flair and interpretation!
    8. Entries close 21st Feb @ 5pm
    9. A voting poll will then be opened with all entries received displayed (anonymously) and will stay open for a week.
    10. The winner then can bask in the glory of the recognition of your peers :cool:

If you don’t have Photoshop or Lightroom, there are some free photo editors available online like Pixlr, Fotor or BeFunky. There are others, Google is your friend!

Best of luck, happy flying and get those entries in!!!

Vote for your favourite photo in February 7 votes

The Kyle, Co Tipp
    100% 7 votes
    Mill Cottage
    0% 0 votes
    Kilcrea Friary 1
    0% 0 votes
    Kilcrea Friary 2
    0% 0 votes
    Newgrange 1
    0% 0 votes
    Newgrange 2
    0% 0 votes
    Devenish Island, Co Fermanagh
    0% 0 votes
    Carrickfergus Castle
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'll get things started. This is one of the first pictures I took on the drone so excuse the quality. Unfortunately, it didn't feed to my SD card so this is the mobile version of the picture so quality is somewhat reduced.

What it is: The Kyle was the former cemetery for the Birdhill (Co Tipperary) area, given by the Ormsby family as a burial ground in the 1820’s and was much used for burial during the famine. It was part of the original Ormsby mansion, known as Courtwood.

https://i.imgur.com/josQSdN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

PSX-20200204-152954.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Going back a few years, my two entries but same place - Kilcrea Friary

501895.JPG

501896.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Newgrange,
    Mavic Air, standard settings

zHMpRgS.jpg
    SyOBJvD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

With the crappy weather this last wile I think we should keep this open until Monday in case anyone can get out for a fly over the weekend

• Advertisement

Devenish Island, Co Fermanagh

p8U1fplh.jpg

Carrickfergus Castle & Harbour

4c9irarh.jpg

Poll added, get voting for your winner this month

Congrats drunkmonkey....never seen such a fast and furious poll like this on boards before lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Unreal, surprised the thread didn't get a bit more action, weather might be the problem, we've literally had 40 days of rain.

Thanks for the Kudos. If I didn't vote for myself it could have been anyone's.

Location is lougmore village Tipperary, nice little place to visit if your passing, great cafe there. The Little house is home to ducks. https://m.facebook.com/thecottageloughmore/
    Wanted a picture of the castle there but the clouds weren't playing ball.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Well he did get double everyone else :D
    Weather didn't play ball at all so roll on the next one.......

Wanna pick a topic drunkmonkey and we'll stick up a new one?

Advertisement