Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print Attachment in Outlook without printing email itself

Options
  • 30-01-2020 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

How do I print Attachment in Outlook without printing email itself

I know that if you want to print an email automatically just go into the email rules and select what conditions select your email - like the subject contains "blue pens", press next, then there are options what to do with the selected email - one of which is to print. Press Finish and save the rule, then go into "FIle" -> "Print" and under print there are "Print Options". Select print attachments. Note that print attachments option will not show up at all if the folder you are in has no email in it. This could happen if you created the folder to move email into from the rule you created but that the rule had not kicked in yet, leaving the folder empty.

Now with all that said, this prints the Email + the Attachment.

How do I get Outlook rules to print the Attachment BUT NOT the actual email itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Open the attachment and print from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 utilitarian

Hi there, thanks for replying... The issue is that hundreds of invoices come in every week as pdf attachments in the email. The office staff spend a lot of time clicking on the email to open it (it being the actual email) and then they have to print the attachment. This all works, but as you could imagine it is really slow. So i have a system set up using the Rules in outlook that if a mail comes in from a certain person that it should print the email. From there i have a option ticked in outlook to say "Print Attachments". So all that works. We get a certain amount of mails that automatically print and automatically print the attachments. However I do not want the actual email - it is the same email just saying something like "Dear X here is your invoice from this date" kinda stuff. I only want the attachment to be printed and not the body of the email at it is pretty much doubling the amount of printing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

How happy are you playing with the registry, and writing (editing) VBA scripts?

If you're comfortable with that, then you could enable "run a script" as an option in your rules, and write a script to print the attachments.

This page here has something similar for saving the attachments to a particular folder:
    https://www.pixelchef.net/content/rule-autosave-attachment-outlook You could use that as a starting point for the printing.

There's no "built in" way in Outlook to do what you want as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Advertisement