Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I Picked a Nikon F3

Options
  • 30-01-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I've been interested in getting into some film photography for a while and I was between a Nikon F3 and a Pentax LX. In the end I picked up an F3 with Nikkor 1:2.8 28mm lens and 1:2.5 105mm lens for €350. Don't think I did too bad particularly as the prices seem to be rising all the time.

I'm waiting on delivery so I thought I'd ask fellow F3 users if they'd have any particular advice on using them and what potential issues I should look out for. From what I've read they're a workhorse and pretty straightforward to use but I thought I'd ask all the same. Looking forward to messing with it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

That's pretty good for that body and those two lenses. The 105 in particular is a stunning portrait lens. Plus if you're used to APS digital, the 100% 35mm viewfinder on the F3 is going to blow your mind. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭bemak

That's pretty good for that body and those two lenses. The 105 in particular is a stunning portrait lens. Plus if you're used to APS digital, the 100% 35mm viewfinder on the F3 is going to blow your mind. Enjoy :)

Really? Am yet to look through one! I've analysed them to death. Was between an F3 or Pentax LX. The reliability of the LX was a bit of a concern.... But the F3 popped up first! ðŸ˜

Advertisement