Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting more out of a small engine?

• 29-01-2020 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all.

I've a 1.39L i-vtech in my 2016 car. Do a lot of driving, and I mind it very well.
    It's a small engine, but it's a goer when you use it right.
    I get is serviced very regularly and have good tyres etc but I'm just wondering are there any small things I can do to the engine to get a bit more power out of it?

Admittedly I don't know much mechanically bar the very basics hence why I'm asking here.
    Also I get the impression modern vtech engines are harder to modify but could be wrong.
    Google tells me some things like add a cold air intake, but I'm not sure if these things are do-able.

Also then you have the question of how the insurance company will fleece me.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

You should probably post this in the Motors Forum for a better result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Buy a 1.8 or even a 1.6 diesel.
    You’re wasting your time and money modifying a 1.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Buy a 1.8 or even a 1.6 diesel.
    You’re wasting your time and money modifying a 1.4

Yeah I figured as much.
    It's a great car despite the engine, and if I could afford to simply buy a new car I would :pac:
    I plan to hold on to the current car for as long as possible as my daily driver, but at the same time i'd like to get more from it.

johnayo wrote: »
    You should probably post this in the Motors Forum for a better result.

Maybe mods could move it. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Small wheels,
    K&N induction filter, NGK iridium spark plugs and change fuel filter if one is fitted,
    After that theres not much to be gained in fairness

As said 1.8 Diesel

Advertisement