Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticwatch pro

Options
  • 29-01-2020 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    Just wondering has anyone having same issues as myself, bought the TW pro a week ago and have to charge it twice a day the battery life is chronic, I have everything off other than Bluetooth as I need that to read my dexcom transmitter on my arm for blood sugar levels I have it set to read every 30 mins and even then I still have to charge twice daily with extra chargers in car the kitchen and bedroom? I contacted movboi and they told me to charge and fully discharge a few times and put on airplane mode for a few nights!? Which defeats the reason for me having the watch, had a Fitbit running on xdrip as well and got up to 4 or 5 days without charge I had everything turned off on that as well. I also find the watch takes ages to react to say if the phone rings and is on silent it takes the watch at least 45 secs before it notify me same with anything so I turned them all of, I have a huawii 2 and find that battery life a little bit better but still don't trust that to alert me at night if my sugars drop. So many questions I hope someone can advice me please mobvoi asked for proof of purchase which I took photo of and emailed to them so am now waiting on them to get back to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Mine lasts nearly 2 days on a charge after 1 year of use so yours sounds faulty. It can be slow to respond at times also but nothing too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

I had a Ticwatch Pro for a few weeks and experienced all those delays with calls and notifications. I had come from a few years of pebble which had instant responses, so couldn't believe how awful it was in comparison.
    Slow watch and poor battery - but it looks nice!

In fairness, I had swapped the Ticwatch Pro for a Samsung watch I got free with my phone. The Samsung was also a poor alternative to a pebble, but the buttons on my pebble have crumbled so I had to move. I later swapped the ticwatch for a garmin vivomove and it's a lot better. I had to drop one of my requirements that the Garmin can't do (2FA Auth codes), but the Ticwatch could only do that until the battery ran out anyway.

I loved the idea of that LCD display with full colour underneath, but spent most of my time with a basic digital watch I couldn't even set an alarm on. LCD is all you have when the battery drops.

If your blood sugar levels are your primary reason for having a smart watch get rid of the Ticwatch if at all possible. Does dexcom generate notifications? Is that what you used with fitbit, or was it better integrated than that?

If you need to wear a watch overnight Android WearOS is a poor place to start.
    A friend of mine has a young son with type 1 and they needed to go all out Apple to make everything work smoothly.

Advertisement