Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Gateway - Best option

Options
  • 29-01-2020 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi lads,

What is the best PG option based on your experience/opinion?

I'm referring based on fees wise and options (e.g accepts all CC)?

I'm looking forward to implement it in my website.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Stripe - end of

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

From a technical perspective, it's Stripe. It was built by developers for developers which means it has a lot of really handy functions and stuff built-in, meaning it's widely supported by other systems. Its protection in terms of fraud is also second to none as it's simply processing so many payments that it has the network knowledge to detect it. The backend of Uber and other huge firms is on Stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭brynne

I run WooCommerce on a Wordpress site and have literally just installed Stripe today. In case it's relevant, a lot of the WP plugins for Stripe don't integrate with WooCommerce. They have their own shopping cart and checkout functions, so - in that instance - you need to double-check that the plugin you choose is compatible. I had a bit of a false start, installing WP Simple Pay before discovering my error. I'm now running WooCommerce's own Stripe integration plugin.

brynne wrote: »
    I run WooCommerce on a Wordpress site and have literally just installed Stripe today. In case it's relevant, a lot of the WP plugins for Stripe don't integrate with WooCommerce. They have their own shopping cart and checkout functions, so - in that instance - you need to double-check that the plugin you choose is compatible. I had a bit of a false start, installing WP Simple Pay before discovering my error. I'm now running WooCommerce's own Stripe integration plugin.

This is a good point and worth emphasising. If you are using WooCommerce, it's best to use their official payment gateway plugins. Most of the other plugins are based on it anyway and you can be assured that any WooCommerce updates consider it during their testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Maniac2020

Stripe is very easy to integrate but make sure that the 3D Secure only option is enabled we had a load of payments come through on Stripe that we suspected as bogus and reported them, they all bounced back about a week later.

Stripe then closed our account even though we had done nothing wrong - so if you do have trouble with them they are very poor. Google automatic account closure on stripe.

Now using our own banks gateway which is AIB and have had no issues so far.

• Advertisement

Maniac2020 wrote: »
    Stripe is very easy to integrate but make sure that the 3D Secure only option is enabled we had a load of payments come through on Stripe that we suspected as bogus and reported them, they all bounced back about a week later.

Stripe then closed our account even though we had done nothing wrong - so if you do have trouble with them they are very poor. Google automatic account closure on stripe.

Now using our own banks gateway which is AIB and have had no issues so far.

3D secure is mandatory since SCA came in. Unfortunately, by default it is only enabled when it is required, not when the card supports it. You can change this in your Stripe account settings and I recommend if you sell high ticket items, make sure it's turned on.

Advertisement