Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Jam flt

Options
  • 28-01-2020 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have had two GSM jam faults in the last week. Just wondering if these can be caused by poor sim coverage, I have had Gsm line faults in the past but never Jam faults.
    I was also surprised that the alarm went off, but I received no text message to notify me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have had two GSM jam faults in the last week. Just wondering if these can be caused by poor sim coverage, I have had Gsm line faults in the past but never Jam faults.
    I was also surprised that the alarm went off, but I received no text message to notify me.

Jam faults are usually something producing a higher frequency than the gsm provider. If signal is poor that wouldnt help.

Alarm will activate as it things its an attack on the system.
    If the gsm line is jammed or down it will not be texting out to alert you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 warrensworld2

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for the reply. I have no idea what would have caused it, hopefully not someone with some sort of jammer but I doubt it was.
    The fault only lasted 5 seconds so I would have presumed I would have been contacted as it was enough to set the alarm off.
    Do you have any advice maybe change from the sc or extend to one of the signal boxes to a higher point.
    Or would it be worth upgrading to a better polling service.

Is a polling service just a text when the system goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for the reply. I have no idea what would have caused it, hopefully not someone with some sort of jammer but I doubt it was.
    The fault only lasted 5 seconds so I would have presumed I would have been contacted as it was enough to set the alarm off.
    Do you have any advice maybe change from the sc or extend to one of the signal boxes to a higher point.
    Or would it be worth upgrading to a better polling service.

Is a polling service just a text when the system goes down.

My advice would be to get an extender and move the GSM.
    If you have a poor signal that will not help.

Advertisement