Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile - Not allowed make international calls

Options
  • 28-01-2020 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I cannot make International Calls from my mobile phone.I'm currently on a Sim only rolling monthly contract which costs €25 per month. I rang Eir and requested that my account be updated to allow me make these calls if required. I was told that I couldn't make this change with changing to a different contract which is €5 a month more expensive.

This seems absolutely ridiculous as if I were allowed make an international call I would be charged by the minute.

Are Eir allowed do this. Surely as a paying customer I should be allowed ring anywhere I want to provided I pay my bill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭irelandrover

treade1 wrote: »
    I cannot make International Calls from my mobile phone.I'm currently on a Sim only rolling monthly contract which costs €25 per month. I rang Eir and requested that my account be updated to allow me make these calls if required. I was told that I couldn't make this change with changing to a different contract which is €5 a month more expensive.

This seems absolutely ridiculous as if I did make an international call on my current contract I would be charged by the minute.

Are Eir allowed do this. Surely as a paying customer I should be allowed ring anywhere I want to provided I pay my bill?

This seems contradicting. Can you or can you not make an international call?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

I cannot make international calls but want to be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

It's usually possible to purchase an international call add on. Either €10 or €20 for 30 or 60 minutes. Lot cheaper than paying for individual calls. In your account select "My Add Ons". Option should be there to purchase. l'm pretty sure it is on most (if not all) plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Might seem silly but international calls are a fraud risk, the extra five euro is a way to cover that risk.

Advertisement