Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the Leaving

Options
  • 28-01-2020 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello everyone!

So here goes, I’m going to have to change my course in college, I picked the course by simply settling for it because, well, I got what I got in the Leaving Cert. I’m not happy in it, so I have to do another Leaving Cert. I’ll be doing the exams in 2021.

Firstly, I’m split between two courses, one of them requiring a third language, and languages have NEVER been a strong suit of mine. So, I’m in quite a fix at this juncture. Between juggling Irish and potentially German, I’m worried about what I’ll be able to walk away with there, if indeed I opt to do a third language.

Secondly, the exams are 16 months out. I haven’t looked at anything yet, and it being January of 2020, that’s basically half of fifth year (if you will), gone at this stage. I’m wondering - is there enough time to get a great result overall?? (I’ll be doing the full 7 subjects either way).

Thanks folks,

A worried fella....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

If languages are your strong suit then you might be setting yourself up for failure.

Choose a course you really want to do and a college you really want to go to.

To me, they are the important first things.

Are you back in school to redo the LC?

Also, I'll ask if you've any idea what career you actually want to pursue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gaa124

I’ve narrowed it down to two courses, both are similar but I’m still deciding. In terms of a future career, I know what I want there like.

My trouble is the Leaving Cert first haha. Languages aren’t my strong suit at all, but I wonder if I have enough time...

If languages are your strong suit then you might be setting yourself up for failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gaa124

Yeah I’ll be heading to a school to do it in September. But I’m gonna be start getting the ball rolling on it soon, I meant to start November, but wasn’t able to.

Advertisement