Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about wearing my uniform for the Leaving Cert

Options
  • 27-01-2020 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I did my LC last year and i'm repeating it this year but i'm studying at home. I am going to be sitting it again in the same school I went to for 6 years, but this time as an external candidate. I still have my uniform, so should I wear that or would it be considered weird?
    I'd like to wear it because then I wouldn't stand out as much but the LC is stressful enough as it is without having to worry about looking like an idiot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Most of the people there will be people you don't really know, since they were in the year behind you. You are an outside candidate, be an outside candidate. Unless you feel that you would be totally conspicuous in other than uniform. Whichever seems less dramatic. Its not as though you will be coming out of the exam to discuss it with your mates. Just relax, it doesn't matter, concentrate on the exam and do whichever will make you feel more comfortable. On balance though, no-uniform would make more sense, wear something inconspicuous, not overly casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

boardhh43 wrote: »
    I did my LC last year and i'm repeating it this year but i'm studying at home. I am going to be sitting it again in the same school I went to for 6 years, but this time as an external candidate. I still have my uniform, so should I wear that or would it be considered weird?
    I'd like to wear it because then I wouldn't stand out as much but the LC is stressful enough as it is without having to worry about looking like an idiot.

External students generally would not wear uniform unless instructed to do so by the school which would prob never happen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A non-student of a school wearing the school uniform would be very peculiar.
    The other externals won't have old uniforms. Just wear something comfortable as you will be sitting in it for long periods of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CE DCG

Please forget about what to wear. That doesn't matter in the least. Concentrate on your studies and the exams. Trust me - I know.

Advertisement