Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Medium road bike from London to Dublin

Options
  • 27-01-2020 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

A friend in london is selling his medium size 54cm road bike to me. I wish to ship it from london to dublin. I would prefer to ship the bike complete, i.e not take it apart.

Could I please ask for an suggestions for cheap shipping to transport the bike, I have look around but I am unsure what would be best option? Some quotes are alittle on the pricey side.

Thank you very much:)

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

I've used Shiply to get a bike from Yorkshire to Dublin (and back). Was a few years ago but it worked out cheap enough.

https://www.shiply.com

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

I used this company a few years back.
    Bought a secondhand bike in UK and got it shipped for £110 (They send out a large cardboard bike box to pack your bike before collection,wheels off,thats all.) They use DHL I think.
    They have a live chat service, and I found them excellent.

https://sendbike.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAsbrxBRDpARIsAAnnz_NYS9DlZCv9MW_iiZ4wmEl21YNeDNxa35X211JagpbfqEAhGWzkAngaArgtEALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Noel Mc12345

Much Appreciated for feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If you fancy a train trip, Sail/Rail will cost you €92 return (possibly plus a tenner to bring the bike on the way back).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Or you could fly over, spend some time in London, and rail and sail home.
    Get a nice cycle in while you're there.

Just make sure you don't have to make too many train changes between London and Holyhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Just had an old bike that I bought on ebay shipped to me from the uk. He used TNT. Shipping cost £56 in a standard size bike box.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Alias G

Effects wrote: »
    Or you could fly over, spend some time in London, and rail and sail home.
    Get a nice cycle in while you're there.

Just make sure you don't have to make too many train changes between London and Holyhead.

You could also cycle the bike to Holyhead. 2 to 4 days cycle depending on what you can manage per day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I would prefer to ship the bike complete, i.e not take it apart.
    out of curiosity, why? i would have assumed popping the wheels off and tying the pedals to the bike would make it more compact and cheaper to ship - and possibly also be safer, in terms of potential damage.

Hi thank you all for the suggestions.

I guess time wise shipping it back is more beneficial for time wise.

Also , dont think Id have the legs to cycle that far

:D

Hi thank you all for the suggestions.

I guess shipping it back is more beneficial for me time wise.

Also , dont think Id have the legs to cycle that far

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement