Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl slide and negative scanner

Options
  • 27-01-2020 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I have packets of negatives, the photos have been separated from them over a few decades. Lidl has a scanner for 30 euros - do these scanners do a decent job/is the quality of result worth the effort? The photos are just family ‘snaps’ but I might find a few great ones in them ...,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

In short, no. They're generally a crappy webcam like sensor with some rudimentary imaging setup. Bare minimum you should get is an Epson or Canon flatbed that does negative scanning. Ones that do 35mm only shouldn't be terribly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks - I was hoping this might just disprove the saying 'you get what you pay for'!

Advertisement