Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Med101007 wrote: »
    Seen this HP laptop in DID yesterday for €440. Seems like a great deal for an 8GB 256SSD drive.
    What's the difference between the iCore and Ryzen processors?

https://www.did.ie/hp-amd-ryzen-3-2200u-15-6-8gb-256gb-laptop-8ab99es-8ab99es-prd?param1=wghighmarfb&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjOW1uqKh5wIVQbDtCh3URg75EAQYASABEgIbn_D_BwE#fo_c=1898&fo_k=2ff065fc9448540b8f7ba985f9820121&fo_s=gplaie

The AMD can be better for multithread processing whereas Intel faster for single threads.

You can buy better refurbished business quality HP laptops on Amazon for around €300. Bought three recently for family and no regrets?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Med101007

BailMeOut wrote: »
    The AMD can be better for multithread processing whereas Intel faster for single threads.

You can buy better refurbished business quality HP laptops on Amazon for around €300. Bought three recently for family and no regrets?

Ya there's some great laptop deals on Amazon alright. However I'm hoping to use the €300 One For All voucher I got at Christmas to buy the laptop so Amazon is ruled out unfortunately

As far as deals go in the shops, this was the best I could see.

Has anyone seen any other good deals on laptops in the shops? (specifically minimum 8GB RAM & 256SSD)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

BailMeOut wrote: »

That's more applicable to desktop processors. In the mobile arena AMD are actually behind Intel.

Assuming you compare director competitors, eg the i5-9300H is better than the Ryzen 3550H.

Whereas desktop wise, Ryzen 3600 is much better in the broader sense than i5-9600 as you describe due to more threads.

Generally, as long the processors are comparable, worry about other factors like screen quality, battery life, build quality, weight, etc.

Advertisement