Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coranavirus

Options
  • 26-01-2020 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭

I was trying to find out online if the virus can be still active on post or parcels from infected countries but have found no information. I know a lot of people would have bought items from the far east over the Christmas and new year sales so you would think that there should be some information on if it can be transferred that way. Only putting it out there to see if anyone has more information about it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

con747 wrote: »
    I was trying to find out online if the virus can be still active on post or parcels from infected countries but have found no information. I know a lot of people would have bought items from the far east over the Christmas and new year sales so you would think that there should be some information on if it can be transferred that way. Only putting it out there to see if anyone has more information about it.

Viruses usually don't live that long without a host. So packages should be safe by the time they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭con747

Mods can please move to relevant thread if required.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Viruses usually don't live that long without a host. So packages should be safe by the time they arrive.

I would have thought so myself, but no information on that possible way of spreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

con747 wrote: »
    I would have thought so myself, but no information on that possible way of spreading.

So far they said it's not airborne and can only be spread host to host, aninal to human and human to human

Oranage2 wrote: »
    So far they said it's not airborne and can only be spread host to host, aninal to human and human to human

I know, but what if someone sneezes on a parcel, someone else picks up the parcel and so on so on. I know it's way out there but it would still be nice to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement