Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welding Steel To Galvanised?

Options
  • 24-01-2020 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

:confused: Can it be done, please? I mean, I think I understand it's a bit fumie? But, honestly, we'll only be talking literally four spots.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Yeah shouldn't be a problem.Like you've said plenty of noxious fumes though.

If you have a gas torch you can burn off the galavanised coating before you weld it to the steel or maybe even grind it down first.

Drink some milk beforehand...It'll help with the fumes..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Cool. Thanks :)

I've just stepped back in from poring over the actual job. Having peered at it from various angles and rubbed my chin a bit, my actual words to myself were; " Get Pat in here to have a look at it. "

He's the one who'll be doing it. I'm the only grown man in Leitrim who doesn't know how to weld :o

Advertisement