Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

204

  • 22-01-2020 10:50pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ badshot


    recommendations for a 204
    having bought a 6.5 creedmoor i rarely use the 243 win now
    so i hope to trade it in against a good 204


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭ garv123


    badshot wrote: »
    recommendations for a 204
    having bought a 6.5 creedmoor i rarely use the 243 win now
    so i hope to trade it in against a good 204

    Have you considered using the .243 with a 55gr bullet for foxing, about 3800FPS, like a laser. No more expensive than .204 bullets.


  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ badshot


    garv123 wrote: »
    Have you considered using the .243 with a 55gr bullet for foxing, about 3800FPS, like a laser. No more expensive than .204 bullets.

    rifle does not like the 55 grain
    and i fancy getting a 204


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ lefthooker


    All the usual brands, Remington, CZ, Howa, Sako etc but it's hard to go wrong with a Tikka varmint/supervarmint. Plenty of aftermarket parts available nowadays too to style up.
    Only issue is you might have to get a faster twist barrel if you must shoot 40gr bullets.


  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Mark.223


    You will not go wrong with Tikka T3X in 204 Ive one and love it. A foxes worst nightmare, absolute laser, Ive shot foxes out to 250yards off viperflex with no issues.


  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ hedzball


    Know of a well sorted 204 howa in a grs stock that he may part with. Less than 100 rounds down through it as he felt more home with the 243.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Mark.223


    Cracking 204 for sale on here with PSE stock serious deal at 1600


  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ badshot


    Mark.223 wrote: »
    Cracking 204 for sale on here with PSE stock serious deal at 1600
    yeah i saw that
    have to trade in the 243 win first


  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ badshot


    hedzball wrote: »
    Know of a well sorted 204 howa in a grs stock that he may part with. Less than 100 rounds down through it as he felt more home with the 243.
    any harm to ask where


  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ hedzball


    badshot wrote: »
    any harm to ask where

    Private seller in Cork. Can get you a price if you are interested


Advertisement