Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branch logger/chunker

Options
  • 22-01-2020 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Anyone buy one of these for processing branchs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

148multi wrote: »
    Anyone buy one of these for processing branchs.

I bought one around last May I bought from Remet CNC its a reddragon I bought directly from Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭148multi

I bought one around last May I bought from Remet CNC its a reddragon I bought directly from Poland

Which model and what size and type of timber are you processing, was talking to a man that used to hire one out, he said it was not suitable for ash timber. Is it seasoned or fresh timber.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

148multi wrote: »
    Which model and what size and type of timber are you processing, was talking to a man that used to hire one out, he said it was not suitable for ash timber. Is it seasoned or fresh timber.
    Thanks in advance.

The one I bought is a reddragon r120 standard and its pto driven I used it to cut up leylandii trees that my neighbour was getting rid of but I have a 30 acre forest that is due to be felled in a few years time and bought it for that really,

the cutting size that the machine can cut depends on if the wood is wet or dry, the pieces I cut had up to an 11cm diameter if I remember correctly my machine is smaller than others as I only have a 135 tractor there are much bigger machines and not just PTO driven ones its a cool machine and I am glad to have it and will use it again in the future when my forest is felled

not sure about ash but I can not see why it could not cut it, maybe the person did not read the instructions regarding diameter of the timber that can be cut with such a machine my own machine did stop on several occasions because the wood was too big apart from that its very quick to convert branches to firewood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zclJo9KP1Yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zclJo9KP1Yo

the one thing you might notice is that the wood is generally straight most of what I put through was not but it was no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

What sort of money are these?

Advertisement