Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher Replacement

Options
  • 22-01-2020 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a dishwasher from powercity - this was installed by a local plumber - unfortunately from day one it didnt work.

Powercity sent an engineer that reviewed the machine, confirmed it was faulty, and arranged a replacement.

The replacement arrived, but now I need to arrange for the plumber to fit this also - am I entitled to be refunded for this additional cost by powercity considering it is as a result of sale of faulty goods?

I would have thought so - but Powercity are saying as they didnt install the machine initially it's not their problem despite confirming that the machine and not the initial installation were at fault.

Any advise appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not being smart but plumbing in a new one is just hand screwing on a couple of houses if the initial plumbing work is already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

Not being smart but plumbing in a new one is just hand screwing on a couple of houses if the initial plumbing work is already done.

In this case we had to have the facia and kickboards removed as they had previously been attached by the plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My understanding is that they would not be liable for any installation costs. They delivered a product, all be it defective and it was fitted by an independent plumber. Any installation or removal would be at your own expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would be asking the store to have it installed.

It is not the OP's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Xterminator

The store wouldn't be responsible under any law, to offer costs.
    I think you should still ask, but it is a goodwill gesture you are looking for.

Equally you could ask the plumber to come again for half price. He's not obliged to do this either, but may be happy to help you out at less than full price.

no harm in asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

If it is an integrated dishwasher forget it! It took myself and a proper carpenter almost 4 hours to install one last summer, we had to disassemble the carcass to the side to get the few extra mm required, a horrendous task.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

theguzman wrote: »
    If it is an integrated dishwasher forget it! It took myself and a proper carpenter almost 4 hours to install one last summer, we had to disassemble the carcass to the side to get the few extra mm required, a horrendous task.

So your issue was that you ordered a dishwasher that didnt fit in the space you had? hardly a common a occurrence. Fitting even an integrated dishwasher is trivial once the plumbing work has already been done. Kickboards are usually held in by clip and the fascia simply screws on.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

No - the issue was that they delivered the dishwasher and the house developer's plumber installed it as the units were included with the house purchase - unfortunately the initial machine was faulty and needed to be replaced (confirmed faulty by the supplier) at this stage the developer had done their job in install and was pushing removal and re installation to the provider as they supplied a confirmed faulty unit.

Anyway sorted it myself rather than spend time debating.

Advertisement