Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venues Dublin City

Options
  • 22-01-2020 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,568 ✭✭✭✭

Any one have recommendations for a wedding venues in Dublin City for about 100 guest's for the meal ?

Not in one of the 5 star hotels but in the City centre ?

Anyone been married recently or at any wedding in the city centre ?

Comments

The Hibernian Club on St. Stephen's Green or Roberta's on Essex Street might be worth looking at.

I haven't had my own wedding in either place, I just worked at weddings and events in the venues, but if I was to have a city wedding myself I'd look at those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,568 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Hibernian Club on St. Stephen's Green or Roberta's on Essex Street might be worth looking at.

I haven't had my own wedding in either place, I just worked at weddings and events in the venues, but if I was to have a city wedding myself I'd look at those places.

Cheers for the qick reply

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We've booked the Anglers Rest. It's not right in the city centre, but not too far, near the Phoenix park.

We were also seriously considering Marco Pierre White in Donnybrook.

Both can accommodate your numbers. You could try Fallon and Byrne too if you want something very central. I've also heard good things about Medley.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Potato_farl

Cleaver East is worth a look. We got married there last year, just under 100 guests. Food and cocktails much better than I expected and the wine was decent and plentiful. Although there were issues with the seating plan on the day, we were give a healthy discount on the final bill by way of apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I can’t recommend the Morrison on the quays enough. They were lovely to work with, no issues, decent per heard price and having everything in one location smack bang in the city center was brilliant. We were treated fantastically, food was so good (like, SO good). Definitely look at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Second for Cleaver East. Went to a wedding in City Hall. Was Fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

whats your budget OP?

SozBbz wrote: »
    whats your budget OP?

We haven't really set a definite budget as such because to us it more important for value for money if you get me but at the same time we won't be able to afford getting married in the Shelburne for instance ,,

We have yet even to decide to go big or small again it will depend on what venues appeal to us .

I know that's very vague but we only really at the start of the everything ,

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Slightly outside the city centre, the Lucan Spa Hotel is were i got married - they do an amazing package to include:
    Food
    Band & DJ
    Photographer
    Flowers
    Cake
    Suits for men
    Bridal Suite
    Rooms for the parents

The hotel itself from the outside looks nice, but not amazing but the room where they host the wedding is absolutely stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

looks like a great venue, ive been inside.

but the ( fantastic ) bar is kind of separate to the main room / seating area, but most of all the back stairs to where the smoking area is would have smokers away from the event - worth thinking about.

Cliff townhouse is worth a look too on the green.

DO WHAT SUITS YOU, big or small, not others, invite only the ppl you want there.

• Advertisement

Banzai600 wrote: »
    looks like a great venue, ive been inside.

but the ( fantastic ) bar is kind of separate to the main room / seating area, but most of all the back stairs to where the smoking area is would have smokers away from the event - worth thinking about.

Cliff townhouse is worth a look too on the green.

DO WHAT SUITS YOU, big or small, not others, invite only the ppl you want there.

That why we haven't set on having a big wedding or a small one just yet

We want to look at venues and if we see a small one we love then it'll be a small wedding , If we see a big one we love then big ,

We just want it to be what we want ,

The only thing that we want so far is City Hall and then a City Centre wedding ,

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

That why we haven't set on having a big wedding or a small one just yet

We want to look at venues and if we see a small one we love then it'll be a small wedding , If we see a big one we love then big ,

We just want it to be what we want ,

The only thing that we want so far is City Hall and then a City Centre wedding ,

thats fair enough, 30/50 is a nice number or smaller, then a few to the afters if that suits you too.

i know if two ppl who had weddings in f@llon & byrn3 on Exchequer st. from what i gather you take a break for dinner for the evening and can retire to a local bar prebooked space for a few jars then back in to the venue when its been rearranged, maybe worth a look to you. I didnt attend these, but heard ok reports, no dramas.

Personally I'd advise doing a draft guest list first to get a realistic idea of numbers.

What if you see a place you love that's smaller, but then you realise you it can't actually accommodate everyone you definitely want to have there? Are you will to cut out certain groups (e.g. cousins, aunts/uncles, college friends etc) entirely if needs be?

I was convinced we wouldn't go over 50. But now we're up to 80. Turns out himself has a lot of people who absolutely have to be there! And then because his side of the guest list was so much longer than mine, I started adding back in more people too that I had originally cut just to keep it small, so that the list wasn't lopsided.

woodchuck wrote: »
    Personally I'd advise doing a draft guest list first to get a realistic idea of numbers.

What if you see a place you love that's smaller, but then you realise you it can't actually accommodate everyone you definitely want to have there? Are you will to cut out certain groups (e.g. cousins, aunts/uncles, college friends etc) entirely if needs be?

I was convinced we wouldn't go over 50. But now we're up to 80. Turns out himself has a lot of people who absolutely have to be there! And then because his side of the guest list was so much longer than mine, I started adding back in more people too that I had originally cut just to keep it small, so that the list wasn't lopsided.

We have spoken about it and come up with about 90 but if we see somewhere smaller that we really love , we will cut the list down if needs be,

Without sounding like a pr*ck , In the end of the day its our wedding so we will do what suits us, We are both in our late 30's so at that age if someone isn't invited you'd hope they'd understand its not personally ,

Without sounding like a pr*ck , In the end of the day its our wedding so we will do what suits us, We are both in our late 30's so at that age if someone isn't invited you'd hope they'd understand its not personally ,

Yeah I get that. But you might find that you actually want more people than you initially think. At the start we were looking at places that can accommodate as few as 40, but that's only 20 people on each side. It just adds up very quickly if you want anything beyond immediate family and a few very close friends (remember that partners can double the numbers!).

It can also be a bit of a minefield. E.g. if you invite one aunt, you "have to" invite all the others. Not that you actually have to do anything, but it could end up causing more hassle than it's worth if it could result in a falling within the families.

It might be worthwhile having several draft guest lists for different sized venues (that's what we ended up doing). Just to make sure you're actually happy with who you'd end up inviting to a smaller venue or if it might cause issues (either cutting out people you like or cutting out people that make take offense).

woodchuck wrote: »
    Yeah I get that. But you might find that you actually want more people than you initially think. At the start we were looking at places that can accommodate as few as 40, but that's only 20 people on each side. It just adds up very quickly if you want anything beyond immediate family and a few very close friends (remember that partners can double the numbers!).

It can also be a bit of a minefield. E.g. if you invite one aunt, you "have to" invite all the others. Not that you actually have to do anything, but it could end up causing more hassle than it's worth if it could result in a falling within the families.

It might be worthwhile having several draft guest lists for different sized venues (that's what we ended up doing). Just to make sure you're actually happy with who you'd end up inviting to a smaller venue or if it might cause issues (either cutting out people you like or cutting out people that make take offense).

I reckon its easier to have a big wedding of 100 plus of family and friends or a small one of 20/30 of close family

It's in between when people start thinking why did they get an invite and I didn't that could cause you hassle

Advertisement