Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charging in the UK

Options
  • 22-01-2020 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭

I just watched the new Harry's Garage (an excellent channel) video where he gives his review of a jaguar I-Pace after 2500 miles. What was interesting to me is that his biggest issue with it was the non Tesla charging network in the UK. Too many companies, all with their own app and faffing around

I'm taking my SR+ Model 3 to Wales later this year and had found the same thing when I was making sure the car could actually do it. There's only one Tesla supercharger in Wales currently and that's on the M4 aimed at people who are driving through to London. If you want to get from South to North Wales you are a little bit fúcked if your car can't do 300km+ on a single charge, there's one single CCS charger in the middle of Wales and that was out of action last I checked. Then you have all the different companies running the chargers, some have RFID cards and some don't. I've downloaded the polar app, but can't get the card without a UK address I don't think. You're supposed to be able to charge via the app but I've tried doing that on the ESB chargers here in Ireland before and couldn't get it to work without my card.

Has anyone any experience of the charging network over there? Seems a bit of a mess.

Comments

Advertisement