Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revoking surety bail bond

Options
  • 21-01-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

I am trying to find information for a friend of mine whos son is out on bail for which she paid 500 surety bond to have him released, but its evident he has no interest in adhering to his bail conditions, (curfew and signing on).
    The court case is not until june so chances are he is going to get caught breaching his bail, i had a look at citizens information website but cant see anything referring to revoking surety bail, can you even revoke surety bail in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Up to a judge to revoke the bail - the bond is forfeited, not a case of a money back guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The surety can go to the guards and tell them the story. They can arrest the accused and bring him back to court and have the bond released.

Advertisement