Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle peninsula holiday

Options
  • 21-01-2020 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hoping to head away for holidays here. We've three kids, would love somewhere very close to a beach but yet may have shop close by too. Any suggestions of best places to look at to stay? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Depends on what sort of shopping you want and how far you want to travel to it but the only 2 places with any selection of shops are Castlegregory and Dingle town. Some small shops in a few of the smaller villages.

Beach wise:
    Castlegregory - and general area - Aughacashla, Stradbally, Fermoyle, Maharees, Cloghane/Brandon etc - has lovely beaches and the village has a good selection of shops. Little ones in Cloghane and Camp too.
    Ventry has a good beach - small shop only in the village - Dingle would be your nearest for bigger shopping.
    Anywhere around Wine Strand/Muiríoch/Gallarus etc - not much in the line of shops though - just a small one in Ballyferriter.
    Inch is famous but very, very busy with buses etc - nearest shop is in Annascaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Thank you so much. Great to get ideas, I suppose I just mean shop to get supplies in if we run out or even a little cafe / take away would be super. But I'm going check out all of these. Thanks a mill

Advertisement