Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing to self assessment

Options
  • 20-01-2020 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I engaged an accountant last year to set me up for self assessment as I have a small business. I am also PAYE. However the business is not going in the direction as I had hoped and I am now going to keep it as a hobby. The income for 2019 was under €5000 and this year I expect similar as I dont have time to invest. I have notified the accountant I will be reverting back to self assessment and will just add my extra income in each year.
    How do I go about changing back with the tax office?
    What form do I need to fill out please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

IIRC he just has to sign off being your agent and when you create a ROS account all your stuff will be there, thats what happened when I took over doing my partners stuff from a paid accountant, I just log in ti=o her account and all the stuff he did on ros is there

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ChoKuRay

Thanks. I have a ROS account already as I have always been PAYE. I just remember a lady in the tax office saying i needed to complete some form but I can find where I wrote that down now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

ChoKuRay wrote: »
    Thanks. I have a ROS account already as I have always been PAYE. I just remember a lady in the tax office saying i needed to complete some form but I can find where I wrote that down now

I don't know.
    ps, based on the piece below I mis read your post :(

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

I was an accidental landlord in addition to PAYE, had ROS etc.

When I sold the property and therefore became 100% PAYE, Revenue told me to complete a TRCN1 form and upload via my account and they deactivated by income tax status therefore I no longer needed to do a return etc.

Google TRCN1 and Google should bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ChoKuRay

Fireball81 wrote: »
    I was an accidental landlord in addition to PAYE, had ROS etc.

When I sold the property and therefore became 100% PAYE, Revenue told me to complete a TRCN1 form and upload via my account and they deactivated by income tax status therefore I no longer needed to do a return etc.

Google TRCN1 and Google should bring it up.

Thats it. Thanks so much. I will do that asap

• Advertisement
Advertisement