Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Recovery Ventilation - Error Code TE1

Options
  • 18-01-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi, I have a VENTS VUT 350 VB EC A11 HRV system, can anyone recommend anyone who can service these machines in Galway/Clare

Have error code TE1 - Outdoor temperature sensor malfunction. anyone know how to replace, fix or bypass?

thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

vanman99 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a VENTS VUT 350 VB EC A11 HRV system, can anyone recommend anyone who can service these machines in Galway/Clare

Have error code TE1 - Outdoor temperature sensor malfunction. anyone know how to replace, fix or bypass?

thanks,

Oah, shocked to hear that.
    I have same unit since couple of years ago.

What software version you have !?
    Any funny error codes ?

500422.jpg

What I will do if were you:

500423.jpg

Go in the techie menu and reset all to factory settings.
    If that works ok, you may have to recreate settings for sensors and/or timers
    Good idea to take a photo before reset.

If not:
    power off unit
    wait couple minutes
    open the main front door.
    take few photos good resolution of all the components
    remove filters
    remove the heat exchanger
    check all cables, look for something that may be loose.
    plug back all / insert them back just in case
    power on unit
    see if that works.

If want to be DIY, see attached diagram for the external sensor:

500424.jpg

If all fails, i have the contact for my supplier from the area, H E R E , they may be able to help you with a call out.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Thanks for the response ...I've everything back on default, and all the wiring in the cabinet for the TE1 sensor all looks good, it's the sensor itself, I can't see where that is actually located.

so attachment 1 is the error - software version V.2.7.P. (is there a way to update this??)

Attachment 2 - temperature readings....obviously given the current weather the outdoor is way off and then it turns itself off.

And attachment 3 shows where the sensor should be but there does't seem to be an obvious or easy way to get at this part of the unit to check it as it seems to be encased.

Thanks for the response ...I've everything back on default, and all the wiring in the cabinet for the TE1 sensor all looks good, it's the sensor itself, I can't see where that is actually located.

so attachment 1 is the error - software version V.2.7.P. (is there a way to update this??)

Attachment 2 - temperature readings....obviously given the current weather the outdoor is way off and then it turns itself off.

And attachment 3 shows where the sensor should be but there does't seem to be an obvious or easy way to get at this part of the unit to check it as it seems to be encased.

Sensor is on the top left side.
    Front of the door unit, as you take out the filters. Maybe you're looking at the back of the unit ?

Take it out and check it with a multimeter... or.. could be faulty or damaged or just loose inside.

Give Stephen a call in the morning, ask him for advise and he will help you with the sensor and with the software upgrade.

Well.. any joy !?
    Scare me please...

Hi, no joy yet, gave me the name of a local installer, who it turns out is the original installer, who promised Monday they'd pop out and look at it, haven't appeared and won't pick up the phone since......also am now getting TE5 error instead of TE1 - Duct temperature sensor malfunction.....when I restart turns on for about 30seconds then turns itself off with the error.

• Advertisement

Very pitty and unprofessional.

I'll pass you over the contact details for the guys in Ukraine,which manufactured the system.
    Got in touch with them while i was shopping for my unit and they replied back pretty much OK.

latest ....they'll be here tomorrow....apparently a software update will sort it out, I'm a little sceptical that a software upgrade is all that's needed...

latest ....they'll be here tomorrow....apparently a software update will sort it out, I'm a little sceptical that a software upgrade is all that's needed...

More than that... ask them to "look" at the sensors as well.
    In my case,i was lucky as "Igor" from Ukraine came and upgraded mine... ;)
    Good luck.

so....finally got the guy to come out...not good, apparently these things are a disaster. Some batch made a couple of years ago and all of them have this issue where eventually the system shuts down because of the outdoor sensor....if you have Igor's details you might send them on so I can work out the actual issue.....

so....finally got the guy to come out...not good, apparently these things are a disaster. Some batch made a couple of years ago and all of them have this issue where eventually the system shuts down because of the outdoor sensor....if you have Igor's details you might send them on so I can work out the actual issue.....

WAIT... so the installer told you basically to fcuk off as some older units are faulty ??
    Did they knew that and still sold you / install it in your home !?

I contacted the manufacturer in Ukraine to find out if they have some mobile application or interface to the unit.

Check their contact details here:
    https://ventilation-system.com/contacts

Call them or email them, they are very spot on and helpful.
    Give as much info you can !

• Advertisement

so, after all the sorting with the TE1 error, we are now in a position where one of the fans has completely rusted and has just stopped, it's not free flowing so the motor won't kick in, these things are terrible, I knew when I agreed with the contractor to put this one in over the one I had picked out it was going to be a disaster. Lesson learned. Now, need a cheap replacement.......

Advertisement