Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TFR for cleaning cars?

• 18-01-2020 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering does any of you use TFR for cleaning cars and if so, what dilution rate would you have? I tried out a bottle of TFR from reflect autocare for cleaning machinery and couldn't believe how well it cleaned them. I'd be worried it might fade away paint on the car though, so would like to hear from people with experience from using it. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

To be honest, I'd never leave TFR near one of my cars, no matter how dilute. It fades plastic trim. Then again, I'd often be doing motorhomes and TFR fades the graphics fierce, as well as fading the plastic trims around the doors, etc. Hence my dislike.

I find a dose of snow-foam works well for me. Allow to dwell and rinse. If it's very bad, repeat the foaming....

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

ianobrien wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd never leave TFR near one of my cars, no matter how dilute. It fades plastic trim. Then again, I'd often be doing motorhomes and TFR fades the graphics fierce, as well as fading the plastic trims around the doors, etc. Hence my dislike.

I find a dose of snow-foam works well for me. Allow to dwell and rinse. If it's very bad, repeat the foaming....

What brand of snowfoam do you use? I've used turtle wax snowfoam in the past but didn't think it was effective taking off the dirt. I've heard good things about autoglym snow foam but have never used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam is what I use. I've tried various others but keep going back to this ona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Bilt hamber
    Valet pro
    Autosmart.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

For me it’s:
    Bilt Hamber Autofoam
    Autobrite Direct Magifoam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

Everyone seems to recommend this bilt hamber stuff. Where would ye buy it? I dont think ive ever seen it for sale.
    Also, does anyone have experience with that reflect autocare mega foam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Everyone seems to recommend this bilt hamber stuff. Where would ye buy it?
    Right >> HERE :cool:

Advertisement