Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenshop.ie

Options
  • 18-01-2020 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

has anybody ever ordered something with an online shop called greenshop.ie?
    They are manly selling used e-bikes. I have placed an order with them (and paid in full) on 18. December 2019 and trying to get in touch with them regarding the delivery. I have written to the e-mail address given on the website and also used the "contact us form" a couple of times now but didn't get a reply. There is no phone number given on the website but they also have adds on done deal were I found one but no luck either.
    The address given on the website is 77 Camden Street Lower, Dublin 2. I went there but no sign of greenshop.ie.
    The website looks legitimate enough but I start fearing it's a scam. I also can't find any reviews or comments on them online.

Did anybody heard of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

Frank K wrote: »
    Hi,

has anybody ever ordered something with an online shop called greenshop.ie?
    They are manly selling used e-bikes. I have placed an order with them (and paid in full) on 18. December 2019 and trying to get in touch with them regarding the delivery. I have written to the e-mail address given on the website and also used the "contact us form" a couple of times now but didn't get a reply. There is no phone number given on the website but they also have adds on done deal were I found one but no luck either.
    The address given on the website is 77 Camden Street Lower, Dublin 2. I went there but no sign of greenshop.ie.
    The website looks legitimate enough but I start fearing it's a scam. I also can't find any reviews or comments on them online.

Did anybody heard of them?

I have not heard of them but Jerusalem is a lovely BYO restaurant. Interestingly, that’s the address of the Hub - see Freeman Megamerge thread. I wonder if there is a connection

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They mentiin a cro number on their website, but the cro gives no results for it

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Cabaal wrote: »
    They mentiin a cro number on their website, but the cro gives no results for it

It does - try searching again. It gives the name of an individual business with an address in Donaghmede in Dublin.

Pretty amateur website though that wouldn't give me a lot of confidence dealing with them. Best of luck OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bike to Work - new bike up to €1000 for free

Alarm bells should be ringing

IEDR
    Registration Date: 09-July-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

absolutely appalling website
    no security symbols whatsoever

logo of CRO in the page - no genuine site needs to do that

Screams scam

Office address is a shared office address
    Residential address on the payment page is a sale agreed house https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/63-newbrook-avenue-donaghmede-dublin-13/4037324
    Bank is in Athy

Language on the site is dreadful - obviously English in not 1st language.

I would guess the OP paid by bank transfer as there's no other option.

Zero comeback.

Looks like outright fraud and gardai now want people to report these. I'd print off the fund transfer and print off as many details as possible and make complaint to your local gardai,

If you get a decent garda, they'll get the Athy gardai to contact the bank of ireland branch. Unfortunately, many gardai won;t be bother much.

This website is very useful - https://www.fraudsmart.ie/alerts/

Unfortunately I think your money is gone as you have no comeback on bank transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I have placed an order with them (and paid in full) on 18. December 2019 and trying to get in touch with them regarding the delivery.

They offer payment by Bank Transfer or Debit/Credit Card.

If you paid by Card, contract your card issuer, explain the issue to them and insisit on an chargeback now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

They offer payment by Bank Transfer or Debit/Credit Card.

If you paid by Card, contract your card issuer, explain the issue to them and insisit on an chargeback now.

That's what they say - until the payment page and you can pay by transfer only.

No other option. So OP's money is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Hi OP,

In the attached file you'll find the details of the of the person who owns that site, i'd suggest that the address in Kildare is in fact the real one. Piotr also has another business registered at that address called "Kildare Virtual Office" (CRO Number 541315). I found him very easily on LinkedIn too but i won't post the link to the profile publicly.

@Mods: This is all publicly available information from the CRO so there should be no issue sharing it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Frank K

@ Time, Thank you! That is very useful information! I did look up the business number but didn't find a name.
    By now I did get some response. Not through the e-mail stated on the website but after sending a message on done deal to one of there adds there. It said that my order should already have reached me.... yeah, I will never see that bike and would be very lucky to get my money back.

But thanks again. With this I might have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This was in the cycling forum too.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058046668

A trick with these sites is to take an odd sounding snippet and use quotes in google, the quotes force it to look for that exact string of words.

e.g. put

"We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products,"

in google and it throws up lots more dodgy .ie addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

@ Time, Thank you! That is very useful information! I did look up the business number but didn't find a name.
    By now I did get some response. Not through the e-mail stated on the website but after sending a message on done deal to one of there adds there. It said that my order should already have reached me.... yeah, I will never see that bike and would be very lucky to get my money back.

But thanks again. With this I might have a chance

I've had something similar happen before and once i had the information on a plate for the Gardai they were quick enough to deal with it. Also incase it gets taken down the number on all of their 8 done deal ads is "0862504447".
    rubadub wrote: »
    This was in the cycling forum too.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058046668

A trick with these sites is to take an odd sounding snippet and use quotes in google, the quotes force it to look for that exact string of words.

e.g. put

"We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products,"

in google and it throws up lots more dodgy .ie addresses.

The common thing between those sites is that they're based on the bigcommerce.com platform, the owners etc.. are all different.

Advertisement