Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Outdoro Lights

Options
  • 17-01-2020 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I have some LED outdoor Christmas lights where a few of the LEDs have stopped working (water ingress seems to have caused rust within the LED) along with which the button on the controller for flashing also only works intermittently.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to cut out the rusted LEDs and join the wires to make a shorter set of lights and also to cut out the flashing unit altogether so that its just a simple on/off?

Alternatively, would it be possible to take some of the LEDs that are still working and use them to make a simple chain of lights using the existing power source (mains adapter).

It seems a shame to throw away the whole set when only a few are not working and I could potentially salvage the rest of the lights to make a shorter set. Am I correct in thinking that if I use the same power source and don't increase the number of individual LEDs I should be ok? I assume the resistor is in the power adapter and not the flashing unit?

Advertisement