We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Windsurfing/surfboard shipping from UK

Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ nhur

Trying to buy a windsurfing board from the UK... Guys are quoting me 125gbp for shipping... Driving over to collect wouldn't cost much more... Any suggestions for a more reasonable alternative?

Comments

nhur wrote: »
    Trying to buy a windsurfing board from the UK... Guys are quoting me 125gbp for shipping... Driving over to collect wouldn't cost much more... Any suggestions for a more reasonable alternative?
    Ask them how much to pack a board and get a few quotes from DHL etc for pick up and delivery

Cost me 50 to have a board packed and shipped from Spain

rodento wrote: »
    Ask them how much to pack a board and get a few quotes from DHL etc for pick up and delivery

Cost me 50 to have a board packed and shipped from Spain

Thanks. Found a decent board on another site and it costs 50 to ship. First place is way off the pace

nhur wrote: »
    hey nhur, who did you get to quote you? I'm looking for something shipped with similar dimensions and cant even get anyone to quote so wondering who you got? They might be too expensive but at least I will have quote.
    Thanks

eastie17 wrote: »
    hey nhur, who did you get to quote you? I'm looking for something shipped with similar dimensions and cant even get anyone to quote so wondering who you got? They might be too expensive but at least I will have quote.
    Thanks

honestly can't remember ... ultimately the board was shipped with DHL or nightline or equivalent... but the seller sorted it out so I didn't have to

Society & Culture