Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered house

Options
  • 16-01-2020 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was offered social housing last week and I'm on the invalidity pension. Naturally my funds aren't very high and I was told the place will not be furnished. Someone told me about getting help buying a bed and so on. Do you know where I can get this financial help? I'm desperate getting out of living with friends.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Make and appointment for your social welfare relieving officer ,
    Now in saying that some times you might only get enough for a bed and white goods,
    Everything else can be got on sale , charity shops , families adverts ,
    Your local st Vincents may be able to help .

Congratulations on the new home

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

youll need to go see the local community welfare officer
    youll need bank statements, proof of the offer of the house, sometimes they do ask for pictures to prove the house is empty which means
    youll need to wait till you actually have the keys till they pay out, which is the norm anyway.
    And it takes about a week to get the payment, its calculated on he size of the house, i believe the highest they can give for a 3 bed for a family with nothing is about 3k, so scale down from there.
    Check out your local adverts pages and freecycle fb groups

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Immaculata

Have a look at freecycle.org. There's a good Oxfam shop for furniture and homewares in Francis Street, Dublin. Good luck with your new place.

Advertisement