Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser (for fussy clients like me)

Options
  • 13-01-2020 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good hair salon in Dublin city centre or south Dublin that doesn't cost too much but specifically uses wash basins WITH NECK SUPPORT, i.e. a thing for your head to rest on while they wash your hair so your neck isn't under any pressure at all...

I'm thinking of those head rests that appear in hairwashing youtube videos from Vietnam or Thailand, e.g. this video.

I've always come away from a haircut suffering from a crick in my neck because of the wash basins. Is this just me?

Recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jamieeeee

LazyClouds wrote: »
    I've always come away from a haircut suffering from a crick in my neck because of the wash basins. Is this just me?

No its not just you. They are quite uncomfortable. They use to be worse years ago. It's so annoying if you get a hairdresser that's too hard when washing your hair to add to the strain on your neck as well.

Sorry I dont have any recommendations for you. Any of the places I been to that are more affordable usually just have standard basins and it get on with it which is grand. Peter Mark I know want to portray an interest in your comfort. Most of their places have massage chairs but they still use a basin.

I've never seen a method like that before in the clip. Looks so relaxing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

It's good to hear i'm not alone! Well if I find somewhere good I'll broadcast it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Thought I'd renew this thread in case anyone stumbled onto it and knew a hair salon in Dublin with neck/head support like the pic above.

Advertisement