Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marco Pierre White Courtyard Dublin Wedding Dinner Party

Options
  • 13-01-2020 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,

I am reccently engaged and starting the venu search for our wedding. We are thinking something different than the hotel style format and came accross Marco Pierre White Courtyard. It looks lovely but before i contact them i was wondering if anyone has any experinces with them form thier own wedding or as a guest?

Our numbers are 150 and we were looking at doing a civil cermoany fist, drink reception in town followed by a meal here.

If anyone could comment on the food or the venu itself would be greatly appreciated. What did you make of it and would you reccomd it?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Hi All,

I am reccently engaged and starting the venu search for our wedding. We are thinking something different than the hotel style format and came accross Marco Pierre White Courtyard. It looks lovely but before i contact them i was wondering if anyone has any experinces with them form thier own wedding or as a guest?

Our numbers are 150 and we were looking at doing a civil cermoany fist, drink reception in town followed by a meal here.

If anyone could comment on the food or the venu itself would be greatly appreciated. What did you make of it and would you reccomd it?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Congratulations.

We got married elsewhere but had our reception at the Courtyard and it was fantastic. No problems, a beautiful place, great staff and amazing food.

Loved it.

We had 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

Attended a wedding here! Food was the best iv ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ShortAPennt

aquinn wrote: »
    Congratulations.

We got married elsewhere but had our reception at the Courtyard and it was fantastic. No problems, a beautiful place, great staff and amazing food.

Loved it.

We had 130.

Thank you so much for you quick response and for your reccomendation. Would you mind if i asked what time they let you stay on until? This is probably one of my only concers about the venu is that they might close up early and want us all out by 12 or something. I don't think it will be a 6am type of wedding but i know a few that will want to party on till 2am or so. What time did you finish in the courtyard or did you go on somewhere after?

Thanks again for you reply... i am finding the planning and reseach so overwhelaming at this point.,,,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I haven't attended a wedding there, but we were seriously considering the venue for our own wedding and visited them for a chat a couple of months ago. We were told that the music needs to stop by 12, but that we could stay on after that until about 1am.

The main restaurant was set up for a ceremony on the day we visited. It actually looked lovely done up! One slight turn off though, was that the bar is at the end of the aisle. I.e. if you're walking down the aisle at the end of the ceremony, you're facing the bar. Not a major deal breaker, but a bit of a turn off for us.

You can have your drinks reception there too btw before the meal.

aquinn is a fountain of knowledge on this venue though and I'm sure she can answer most of your questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Thank you so much for you quick response and for your reccomendation. Would you mind if i asked what time they let you stay on until? This is probably one of my only concers about the venu is that they might close up early and want us all out by 12 or something. I don't think it will be a 6am type of wedding but i know a few that will want to party on till 2am or so. What time did you finish in the courtyard or did you go on somewhere after?

Thanks again for you reply... i am finding the planning and reseach so overwhelaming at this point.,,,

No problem.

We had a band and a DJ.

There was no rush kicking us out the door. We were the last to leave. They were setting up around us but never asked us to leave. All very relaxed. It might have been 2:30 when we left, can't remember now.

We stayed locally in the Hampton and they were very good too. Thought we might need a residents bar but didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 JeanieJo

I was a bridesmaid for a wedding reception there about 6 months ago.

The food was amazing, genuinely the best I have had at a wedding. All the steaks were cooked to order and they came out perfect.

I could not fault the staff. They were so accommodating- they actually approached myself and another bridesmaid on a few occasions to make sure that all was going to plan so they didn't disturb the bride and groom mingling with their guests.

I know that music was still playing after one o clock on the night we were there so either they don't enforce the rule or we were lucky.

We didn't go anywhere afterwards but there was no need as everyone was happily mingling around after.

I would have had my own wedding there except there would have too many crossover of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Where do people park there?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We were told that there's no parking. Just on street parking. But if you're living in Dublin, you probably wouldn't be driving anyway. And if you're coming from another county, you'd probably stay at a nearby hotel with parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SMPM

Where do people park there?

I’m doing my reception here next winter on a Saturday and we have been told our music is to finish at 1.30am but they won’t be in a rush to kick us out then !! Also I’ve visited the place a few times and there is ample parking around the venue ... all on street ... but there are a few streets where parking is free on sat &sun ... just do a little drive around and you can identify the streets where the parking is free and you can inform your wedding guests ( I’d you're getting married on a weekend) !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SMPM wrote: »
    I’m doing my reception here next winter on a Saturday and we have been told our music is to finish at 1.30am but they won’t be in a rush to kick us out then !! Also I’ve visited the place a few times and there is ample parking around the venue ... all on street ... but there are a few streets where parking is free on sat &sun ... just do a little drive around and you can identify the streets where the parking is free and you can inform your wedding guests ( I’d you're getting married on a weekend) !

Do you know if they do a wedding broacher or would you have to set up a viewing to get more information ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Rororororo

Hi All, I know this is an old thread but I’m getting married here in September on a Saturday and we have been told that the Band has to stop at 11/11.30 and then DJ has to finish by 12.30. Last orders at the bar is also 12.30 and they said they would probably ask us to leave at 1.30.

Has anybody who got married here previously find anyway to extend these times? Even by just an hour?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Advertisement