Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Formula Query

Options
  • 10-01-2020 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

I think its a case of tough luck, but I'll ask anyway in case anyone knows a way..

I have Bloomberg add in on Excel. That is, I can use formulae that link back to Bloomberg and pull live data using security identifiers. It refreshes live, that is when Bloomberg update their price, the prices on my spreadsheet update in real time (I don't have to refresh).

I saved this file a couple of days ago. Is it possible to see what those values / results were at the time I saved it? I open it now and I see the live prices.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭raxy

Try opening it when the computer isn't connected to the internet. Shouldn't be able to update then so I would imagine the formulas would show the last saved value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

raxy wrote: »
    Try opening it when the computer isn't connected to the internet. Shouldn't be able to update then so I would imagine the formulas would show the last saved value.

I'll try, but I'm fairly certainly I'll just get an #N/A Connection Unavailable result like what happens if I haven't logged into Bloomberg Terminal on the same computer.

Anyway, I've been on to Bloomberg who've been able to give me a formula I never could have come up with myself that will do the trick so I wasn't completely out of luck.

Advertisement