Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox controller

Options
  • 10-01-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've an Xbox I rarely use and dug it out receently to play.

I bought a rechargable unit to go in the battery area of the controller (if memory serves!) - Not sure if it came with the unit.

No amount of charging the unit by USB cable to Xbox itself or power supply is bringing it on. The controller flashes and then nonthing.

Do I need to add regualr Duracell battteries to the unit for it to work?

I cannot found the charging station I bought porviosuly.

I also want to use it with my new gaming PC...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I've had a few different brands of the rechargeable battery packs die on me so I've gone beck to just using normal batteries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, two AA batteries are all you need.

Older Xbox One controllers require a USB dongle to work on PC, newer ones have bluetooth included. A Micro USB cable will work with both if you're ok with it being tethered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Thanks Guys - worked a charm!

Advertisement