Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for older couple getting married

Options
  • 10-01-2020 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

We are getting married, second time round for both of us. We have both done the big wedding before and just want a small affair this time.

Can anyone recommend an upmarket venue in or around Dublin that will do dinner for around 30 and where we can dance afterwards.

I can find plenty of really nice places but the dancing seems to be the problem.
    I don’t want to have to change venue on the night to dance.

Thank you,
    Nomie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nomie wrote: »
    Hello,

We are getting married, second time round for both of us. We have both done the big wedding before and just want a small affair this time.

Can anyone recommend an upmarket venue in or around Dublin that will do dinner for around 30 and where we can dance afterwards.

I can find plenty of really nice places but the dancing seems to be the problem.
    I don’t want to have to change venue on the night to dance.

Thank you,
    Nomie.

The Angler's Rest should work for you. Great food, lovely venue and room to dance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We recently booked the Anglers Rest for our wedding, but just to note that they have a minimum number of 70 for Fridays and Saturdays. They were quite accommodating for us though and wrote us up a contract based on a minimum spend instead of minimum number. So anything that isn't spent on meals can be spent on canapes, wine etc instead - but only if we stay above 55 people.

When we were talking to them they mentioned that they were also going to introduce a minimum number for mid-week weddings. It might've been 40, but I'm not sure. Definitely worth contacting though and seeing what they can do for you, as they are accommodating :)

There is room to dance and we've hired a DJ for the night. Not a dance floor as such, just the area around the bar. The bar is open until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays, but closes early mid-week. So if you're looking at mid-week, you'd need to pay for the bar extension, which is an extra 500euro.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Caranica wrote: »
    The Angler's Rest should work for you. Great food, lovely venue and room to dance
    We had ours there last May. Loved the venue - intimate, yet casual too. It didn't have the stiff formality many places in Dublin have. The food was excellent and there was plenty of room for people to dance.
    As mentioned, check the minimum numbers. You can also of course do weddings on Sundays, where the price is the same as mid-week (or it certainly was when we did it).

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

You could check out Finnstown House as well, they have a big room for 200+ weddings but they also have their restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Cliff Townhouse would work perfectly and they do small numbers. The private function room has a great size for smaller parties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Going to a family only wedding in city Hall Dublin in a few weeks. Drinks reception for about 20 people for an hour in city hall or so then a meal for 20 people in a nice Dublin restaurant. After that's there's a private room booked in a pub in Dublin close by from about 7 pm. There will be 60 to 80 at that, probably 60 but pub said they can cater for up to 80 no problem. Some finger food at that. So you don't necessarily have to have it all in the one place if you can't find one, plus you could invite a few to the afters if you want. Pm me if you want names of the venues, they are all in Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

What about Medley on Fleet Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

What about Medley on Fleet Street?

Was thinking the same

Advertisement