Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi & Airplane Mode

Options
  • 10-01-2020 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Mods please move to the appropriate forum if necessary.

A strange issue has cropped up with my home WiFi in the last few weeks where 2 devices, a phone and a smart TV are not connecting to the network. The phone while in airplane mode and the TV after it has been plugged in at the mains.

On the phone the network won't even show up in the network list when I turn on the WiFi on while in airplane mode. I have tried to add the network manually and the device is not recognising it/saving/connecting to it. No updates to the phone around the time this cropped up and none outstanding.

With the TV when you go into the settings the network is displayed but it will not connect to it. When the WiFi is turned off and then back on the TV connects to the network automatically. No changes to the TV either when this started.

I have updated the router and reset it with no joy and it isn't affecting other devices in the house. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Router: Cradlepoint IBR600
    Firmware: v6.5.0 (latest available)
    Network: Vodafone

Cheers for any advice and if there's more info needed that may help let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

The router could be using channel 13 on wifi -
    channel 13 not recognised by some devices.
    Move it to say channel 6

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That worked! Thank you very much, it had really been annoying me!!

Advertisement