Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (NBC)

• 09-01-2020 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,213 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy

I watched the first episode of this. The concept sounded a bit like Eli Stone or Joan of Arcadia. And funnily enough the mother is played by Joan's mother and the first song on it was by George Michael/Wham, who was pretty relevant to Eli Stone.

I enjoyed it and will give it a couple more episodes at least. Felt like a light hearted summer series.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74,936 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

It starts on E4 on Wednesday March 4th at 10pm

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I watched the first episode of this. The concept sounded a bit like Eli Stone or Joan of Arcadia. And funnily enough the mother is played by Joan's mother and the first song on it was by George Michael/Wham, who was pretty relevant to Eli Stone.

I enjoyed it and will give it a couple more episodes at least. Felt like a light hearted summer series.

Yes reminded me of Eli Stone which I really liked so will stick with this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭ expectationlost

terrible title

• Registered Users Posts: 26,695 ✭✭✭✭ gmisk

I have watched the first couple I like it, very sweet and a nice easy watch

• Registered Users Posts: 26,213 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy

Okay, woah, that was a really good finale.
    Tough going but thought it was really well done.
    That Lullabye with father and son brought a tear to the eye. then the American Pie at the end and other moments throughout.
    I expected the finale would involve the death but still...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭ iguana

Amazingly the last 7 minutes of the last episode, which involved nearly the whole main cast, numerous recurring characters and extras (including a child) moving through and around various rooms was one continuous shot.

Never even realised that. Must rewatch it.

Renewed

Cool. The 5 people that watched it will be happy. :)

Just watching the season opener now.
    It's strange that the least believable thing about a show where a woman sees people singing and dancing is that she's a computer worker not working from home and there are enough people in her office to perform song and dance numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ Dohvolle

Any word on season 2 this side of the pond yet? I know they often delay episodes so we can watch a season in one go without mid season breaks, superbowl etc etc, but its May already

• Registered Users Posts: 55,417 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Cancelled by NBC and they won't be moving it to Peacock, The makers will try and shop it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ Dohvolle

Cancelled by NBC and they won't be moving it to Peacock, The makers will try and shop it around.

Netflix will take it so.

Netflix are cancelling their own shows.
    The days of them being the go to crowd for picking stuff up is gone, I think.
    Don't know if they show it in the States where they would know how the first 2 seasons perform.

Was an entertaining show but was a really rocky start this season and all over the place throughout the season

I'm catching up on series 2 now on E4, still entertaining, the secondary characters are the best for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭ Sparko

I noticed it was billed to be shown at 10.20pm last night but that ended up being an episode of Naked Attraction and my planner eventually recorded an actual episode at around 2am. Looks like E4 have dumped it into the graveyard slot. 2.55am next week.

Zoey Christmas/wrap-up movie will premiere December 1st

First clip, which seems to be from before the title card. *Warning contains a Christmas song*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭ Sparko

After being ditched into a graveyard slot on E4 last month, E4 went one better and played an episode of Made in Chelsea instead of episode 9 last night.

Advertisement