Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission needed for garden wall?

Options
  • 08-01-2020 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I’m investigating to have a wall erected to the side of the house (facing on to the unused green area/powerhouse at the back of the estate) as the bushes are dying and passers-by can now see directly into the living room area.

Would it need approval from the estate’s management company (even though we own the house) or would we have to put forward for planning permission.

The proposal would be to continue the current wall that at the side of the house and continue it further to the side of the house to aid more privacy.

I’ve spoken to the Solicitors and shared the boundary map for reference, which outlines in red, the boundary and the ownership of it being ours. It’s our belief that it does not change the façade of those, as it is a request to continue the current wall with same materials and to not to exceed the height of the current wall which we would look to continue (and not exceed 2 metre height from the footpath).

Anybody that has any experience with this and can give any pointers. It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dreena1984

Fair play @BryanF. Appreciate it.Judging by the link you shared, there shouldn't be any issues, as long as i stick withing the permitted height restrictions and materials to be used. Thanks. If anyone believes I'm misinterpreting this, please let me know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,083 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you have a management company check the documents you signed at purchase as there may be clauses about altering the external appearance of the development

Advertisement