Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2015 24kwh Nissan leaf

Options
  • 08-01-2020 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello I wonder if anyone could advice me on some items on a 24kw 2015 151 plate Nissan leaf.it is advertised at a dealer.it is a UK import
    Km is 61000. There is 6 months warranty on it

The battery gauge has 12 bars and the km shows 118km at a charge of 97 percent eco isn't Turned on. Does this sound right.

The there is a granny lead but no public charge lead.should there be one to connect to car stands.

Finally the screen on start up of stereo navigation screen says telematics not connected what is that is it an easy fix.

I feel a fool as the car was reasonably priced and apart from a few minor scratches was in good shape.we are both getting on in years so the price of it was as much as we could afford and we put a deposit on it.

Now am concerned about the items above and also didn't get battery condition report as the Ford dealer it's at didn't Have it.and also that maybe it's a 2014 car not 2015 car.

I hope someone can reassure us on purchase of this.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Peter mx5 wrote: »
    Hello I wonder if anyone could advice me on some items on a 24kw 2015 151 plate Nissan leaf.it is advertised at a dealer.it is a UK import
    Km is 61000. There is 6 months warranty on it

The battery gauge has 12 bars and the km shows 118km at a charge of 97 percent eco isn't Turned on. Does this sound right.

Yes, that would be normal enough but just bear in mind that that is an optimistic reading and not to assume that you will actually get 118km's out of it. It VERY much depends on your driving style and weather conditions etc.

Budget for 100km's (@100km/h) and you will be OK. Another good rule of thumb is 1%=1km. So, if you have 30km's to your destination and 40% battery you will be fine and if you are cutting it fine just slow down.

There is a granny lead but no public charge lead.should there be one to connect to car stands.

UK cars are hit and miss in relation to cables. Some came only with granny cable, some came with both. If you think you will be using the public slow chargers then you will need to buy a cable. Something like this:
    https://evcables.co.uk/index.php/for-type-1-cars/type-1-to-type-2/coiled-charging-cable-type-1-to-type-2-green.html

Finally the screen on start up of stereo navigation screen says telematics not connected what is that is it an easy fix.

Thats odd. Sounds like it doesnt have its SIM card. That would be strange. I think you need to go back to the dealer on that one.
    Although it might also just be that you need to setup your Carwings account. Im not sure. Maybe a picture of the screen would help?
    I feel a fool as the car was reasonably priced and apart from a few minor scratches was in good shape.we are both getting on in years so the price of it was as much as we could afford and we put a deposit on it.

Deposit should be refundable so dont feel pressured into completing the sale if you dont feel right about it.
    Now am concerned about the items above and also didn't get battery condition report as the Ford dealer it's at didn't Have it.and also that maybe it's a 2014 car not 2015 car.

Battery report is largely pointless. The "bars" on the dash tell you most of what you need to know. Do expect it to drop to 11 bars quite shortly though as 2015 cars would all be around the 85% mark at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Peter mx5

Thanks for that we feel much happier about it.thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ohblahde

Very useful info. Thanks for the thread. Thinking of purchasing a 2016 or 17 model. I've a question on the transfer of the battery warranty on a UK import. I think its kinda pertinent so hope you're ok with me adding to this thread. Will an Irish dealer service a battery warranty issue on a UK imported Leaf, assuming the service log book is up to date, the mileage is within the warranty limit and its not out of the warranty period?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

118km range in a 2015 Leaf 24, give me a break, not a hope in this weather unless you are going 30km/hr all day with no A/C, heating etc.
    The Battery Management System can be easily fooled into being reset to 100%, it will lose it's bars again extremely quickly once out on the road for a few weeks.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Hi we pick it up tomorrow will let you know then about it we have seen quite a few leafs around all similar age most high mileage Irish cars 2 had 10 bars 4 had 11 bars and 7 had 12 bars don't imagine all 7 had the battery condition fiddled.i have bought an obd and will use it with leafspy.

As for distance we live in the country so roads aren't great so we won't be going at any great speed in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ohblahde wrote: »
    I've a question on the transfer of the battery warranty on a UK import.

Will an Irish dealer service a battery warranty issue on a UK imported Leaf, assuming the service log book is up to date, the mileage is within the warranty limit and its not out of the warranty period?

Yes, they will. Its a European warranty.

They will cover all warranty, not just the battery warranty, so if there is still some of the bumper to bumper 3 year warranty left they will honour that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

slave1 wrote: »
    The Battery Management System can be easily fooled into being reset to 100%, it will lose it's bars again extremely quickly once out on the road for a few weeks.

Just to be clear though, for a car of this age and mileage driven in UK/Irish weather it is perfectly normal for it to have 12 bars (source: I have a 2014 and a 2015, both with 12 bars). So there is no indication here that the battery system has been reset. Just before we scare the original poster for no reason at all.

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Just to be clear though, for a car of this age and mileage driven in UK/Irish weather it is perfectly normal for it to have 12 bars (source: I have a 2014 and a 2015, both with 12 bars). So there is no indication here that the battery system has been reset. Just before we scare the original poster for no reason at all.

Thanks for that zenith and to kcross for all the advice it has all been very helpful.will see what happens tomorrow after we collect the car.my wife is getting nervous about driving it.i think she will find it easier than the old micra c+c she had (don't laugh it suited her,I hated it)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Zenith74 wrote: »

Agreed, my point was more in relation to range which triggered my BMS reset comment

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Agreed, my point was more in relation to range which triggered my BMS reset comment

I understand.thanks. i haven't any great expectations from the car as we both are getting on in years I don't think we will be going far in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

The range in those leafs is a nonsense number, just completely ignore it. You'll find very quickly that 1% = 1km and if you use that you'll nearly always be safe. They're a great car, enjoy it and enjoy the fuel savings and only battery advice is don't leave it for weeks at 100% if you're going on holidays. Otherwise charge to 100% every time and enjoy

Advertisement