Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance

Options
  • 07-01-2020 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

We as a family are traveling to the US in the summer and to the UK later in the summer. I was looking at travel insurance and thinking of doing a multitrip policy.

I've looked at the Laya option and I'm happy to go with it with the natural catastrophe option.

My question is to do with start dates. As I'm no flying on the first trip until the end of June do I need to set the start date of the policy to now or as close to the time we are traveling.

My concern would be as follows, no one is sick etc right now and the furthest out I can start the policy as of today is the start of April. What happens is someone gets sick between now and April As the policy wouldn't have started would that then becoming an "existing condition" when the policy starts?

Based on the cost I'm probably just going to start the policy now but I just wanted to be sure.

Outside of the 2 planned trips mentioned above there is nothing else planned (being planned) until December 2021 so way too far away to be worried about including it in this policy no matter the start date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

You should start it from when you book the holiday, no point waiting until nearer the date as you won't be covered then if you have to cancel in the intervening period for any reason that would normally be covered by the insurance.

Advertisement