Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting married abroad - marriage certificate.

Options
  • 06-01-2020 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone know the realistic time frame the The Marriage Certificate for getting married abroad is received. On the Dept of Foreign Affairs they state within 8 weeks, but honestly this is cutting it close to the marriage, as this also needs to be presented in advance to the wedding in the country the wedding is been held.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Not sure if i'm answering the question you have but my wife and I had a civil ceremony in the registry office in Dublin and strolled down to Lombard St where we were able to get our marriage cert about 2 hours after the ceremony.

From memory all ceremonies in the registry office are carried out before 1pm and once they're all completed they update the registry on a daily basis

Advertisement