Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Lissycasey? Is it nice

Options
  • 06-01-2020 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Potentially down the line looking at buying a house in Lissycasey. Anyone know what its like to live there? The estate itself is called Cul Daire but tbh we don't know much about the estate. I have heard there is no social housing there which I like the sounds of and that they have some block against it which is prob good in a way. Have only driven through there but it always seemed nice.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I don't live there, but it seems to be nice enough there. I never heard anything bad about it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It'd be very quiet anyhow. The cascades there are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

The traffic, especially during the the summer, would be a nightmare.
    Cul Daire is right on the road too. My advice would be to find a property that is not on the N68.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

They have a life-sized plastic horse there.

It's been fenced off lest it should bolt into the path of traffic.

- So there's that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

The traffic, especially during the the summer, would be a nightmare.
    Cul Daire is right on the road too. My advice would be to find a property that is not on the N68.

Yes, very busy road but in fairness the speed is limited to 60kph (and 80 on a short stretch) and there's often a speed van there, so it is pretty much enforced.

Look for a quiet road, off a quiet road. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Its a grand spot. That estate is close to a busy road. What are you looking from a community?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭flipflophead22

Its a grand spot. That estate is close to a busy road. What are you looking from a community?

To be free from scobes mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Isn't the definition of a scobe someone from the country who wants to be a townie, so technically you are moving into an area with scobes??:P

On a side note, looked ok when driving through it a few times but looks quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Like will you be living alone or bring young/old children or planning a family? Are you retired? Do you like pub scenes?

Each would have different needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

It’s years now since I lived in lissycasey but then it was notable for having no council houses and being a very quiet place. Pretty much scobe free though that might have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Thread title sounds like a James Brown B-side.

Advertisement