Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help me classify my bands genre

Options
  • 06-01-2020 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I think it fits 90s sort of Grunge, i've people saying it doesn't. Some have called it metal a lot of it is really heavy, some borders on almost classic rock, some stoner rock and have been called psych rock. It's a bit of a pain when you have the enter in what genre you are and there's no consensus when applying for gigs and festivals. It would be a good thing if we have a proper career late on to have variety and be hard to pigeon hole, but at this stage it feels counter productive like we don't fit the bill for a lot of things.

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1xeBRN8R2Y9VytLrJRH86c?si=Hnah6JAlQn2qqwOh8bKf4w

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCWVdQ-42s

Any thoughts or suggestions on any of it be appreciated I want us to move forward and have no problem with criticism

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Post Grunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Joffrey

I hate that term haha, any other examples of "post grunge" for comparison sake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Industrial grunge

:)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Getting closer to something acceptable haha, anyone want to do us a solid and subscribe? If we pass 100 subs we can name our channel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

Nice tune. I like the chunky rhythm guitar sound, is that through a marshall head such as a JVM or are ye using amp modelers? The second guitar has too much effects on it for my liking, particularly towards the end, too much reverb.

Just my 2 cts.

• Advertisement

Cheers man, appreciate it. You have any recording's up or you in a band yourself?

I've no idea to be honest. We record up in trackmix out in blanchardstown and just let Mick do his thing, i'm a complete novice on anything bar our live sound when I bring my marshall along. Guitar used was a prs.

Joffrey wrote: »
    Cheers man, appreciate it. You have any recording's up or you in a band yourself?

I've no idea to be honest. We record up in trackmix out in blanchardstown and just let Mick do his thing, i'm a complete novice on anything bar our live sound when I bring my marshall along. Guitar used was a prs.

Nope, no recordings. I played thrash in a band many moons ago, thank god there were no cameras around then :)

PRS are nice guitars. Which Marshall do you play through live?

Haha, me and a mate are actually trying to start up a trash band. What do you play?

I can't even tell ya, just know it's a big giant marshall valve amp that has me crippled

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I hate that term haha, any other examples of "post grunge" for comparison sake

https://www.google.com/search?q=post+grunge+bands&oq=post+grunge+bands&aqs=chrome.0.0l8.3217j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Haha, me and a mate are actually trying to start up a trash band. What do you play?

I can't even tell ya, just know it's a big giant marshall valve amp that has me crippled

Guitar, more Rhythm than lead. I currently play mainly Metallica and Guns'n'Roses type stuff, though do Oasis and Radiohead as well on acoustic.

I have started collecting valve amps, I love the sound, have 5 or 6 in my basement where I play. True, they are heavy bastards! The head is 18 Kg, the 4x12 cab must be 30 Kg at least ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Primus-Anthrax.

Effects wrote: »

I hate all them haha, we're a lot heavier then them. It's not the same genre

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

I'd be going with "Industrial Metal", purely because that's how Wikipedia describe Ministry!

Cool tune, and grats on passing 100 subscribers on your YouTube channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Nothing Grungey about that from my perspective.
    Its closer to a Ministry sound than Nirvana.

Yeah i'd agree, maybe wrong video to share. If you listen to other our other songs they vary a lot.

However I know they were the poster boys for it, but i'd much more closely align bands like Tad, Grunstruck etc with "Grunge" Nirvana morphed into something different altogether

Advertisement