Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dripping from shower head every 2hrs with pump kicking in

Options
  • 06-01-2020 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi
    We have water that trickles from the shower head every 2 hours, the walrus pump then kicks in. Could the fault be linked with a caleffi 3 bar safety valve passing. We also hear a whistling noise in the bathroom as water drips from shower. The on /off for the shower seems to be working fine. The shower is mains feed and is not an electric shower. Similar whistling is heard from under bath until we open a tap and then it resets. The pump kicking in equally resets the noise and stops dripping at shower. This is ongoing since october but havent found a plumber.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I can't get my head round the setup. A mains fed shower on a pump yet has a pressure reducing valve.

Regardless of the setup I would think the issue is with the mixing valve. The shower valve itself

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Put the pump on a plug, so you only need to turn it on when the shower is on, not when the bog is refilling, getting water from the kitchen etc

just my 2 cents

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it possibly that your shower is fed from your hot/cold tanks? Does same pump come on when you use hot or cold taps in the bathroom?

Advertisement