Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric stove - flame effect - best showroom?

Options
  • 05-01-2020 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hey,

New house soon, thinking about putting in an electric stove. We'd like it to be as realistic as possible with a nice flame effect. We need to see them working before we buy. Any suggestions where there's a good place to see them working?

I'm Galway based but in Dublin regularly too.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

mcbert wrote: »
    Hey,

New house soon, thinking about putting in an electric stove. We'd like it to be as realistic as possible with a nice flame effect. We need to see them working before we buy. Any suggestions where there's a good place to see them working?

I'm Galway based but in Dublin regularly too.

Thanks.

As to where over your way, I'm unsure. But I've a number of Dimplex Optiflame, 2 older Berrys and have had a number of other brands (I love them).

My advice would be Optiflame wood effect. OptiMyst have a habit of expensive breakdowns and some have claimed issues with the water /mist diffusion (though I'm sceptical).

Take a look at a Stockbridge/Chevalier or a Mozart. Or indeed one of the inset panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Hi, did you ever get sorted with the electric stove? If so what you go for and are running costs high?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Hi, did you ever get sorted with the electric stove? If so what you go for and are running costs high?

Sorry, plans changed, pulled out of sale, bought a different house, no need for electric stove anymore. Never got one.

Advertisement