Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC 2, tonight at 9pm; Geraint Thomas documentary

Options
  • 05-01-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭

As per title, not sure if its a repeat but about the 2019 tour de France.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Looks like 11pm on the guide

Thanks, recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Whyner wrote: »
    Looks like 11pm on the guide

Thanks, recorded

11pm on BBC2 NI but 9pm on regular BBC2.

BBC2 NI is not HD on sky but regular BBC2 is HD so will record the later

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

team sky invented rice cakes pure bs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Spoiler: he didn't win it in2019.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Spoiler: he didn't win it in2019.

what havent watched tdf2019 you've just ruined it for me :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Enjoyed that, can't help but to wonder was Egan attacking early to set up victory for Thomas, but we'll never know.

Definitely one of the better tours in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NKELLY

Brilliant docu. Lot of rice and chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Very similar to Wiggins' doc in 2012. I got the impression that as soon as Froome was out, Thomas was up for having a documentary following his Tour progress... with the expectation that he would win!

Yeah, as ednwireland said, complete bollocks from Ineos personnel saying they invented rice cakes. It's the type of PR BS that goes over well with the general public and corporate Britain - see Matthew Syed.

It actually made the Tour look a bit mundane, and not just the boring everyday eating rice etc.

although g did come across as a nice guy. well as nice as a top end athlete who would eat you for breakfast could be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Yeah the rice cake thing was a bit bizarre, and a secret recipe (although pretty sure I've seen them post it on line - I've a print out of "Team Sky Rice Cakes" anyway). Would've like to see their method for wrapping though!
    velo.2010 wrote: »
    It actually made the Tour look a bit mundane, and not just the boring everyday eating rice etc.
    It probably is with the Sky/ Ineos model of winning, and for their riders. Keep out of trouble and your powder dry and then a couple of killer attacks.

I knew it was all about the fuel, but am assuming the rice and chicken we saw was the extra on top of the actual meal.

Anyway, I thought Thomas came across well, but gave an insight into that little bit of grit he must have to have got where he is. The stuff about expecting to be sole leader in the absence of Froome was interesting, given it was obviously a PR job...

My issue with Sky/ Ineos has always been Brailsford and the organisation rather than individual riders tbh. Except for Froome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

team sky invented rice cakes pure bs

In fairness they never said they invented Rice Cakes, they claimed to be "one of" the first teams to use them regularly".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've been using rice cakes (With a dollop of peanut butter) on cycles for years. Sky/Ineos should be throwing money at me.

In fairness they never said they invented Rice Cakes, they claimed to be "one of" the first teams to use them regularly".
    Would've thought it was Allen Lim that popularised them, before Sky/ Ineos even existed tbh...

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Would've thought it was Allen Lim that popularised them, before Sky/ Ineos even existed tbh...

thats who i was trying to think of - thanks. i even have his book when he was doing that at garmin, full of rice cakes and balls

thats who i was trying to think of - thanks. i even have his book when he was doing that at garmin, full of rice cakes and balls
    Keep trying to justify Feed Zone portables, but then I reach for my Aldi Granola Bar... :pac:

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Keep trying to justify Feed Zone portables, but then I reach for my Aldi Granola Bar... :pac:

unfortunately i dont train enough and i think sitting behind a computer eating high carb woudlnt probably do me any good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

although g did come across as a nice guy. well as nice as a top end athlete who would eat you for breakfast could be :)

Froome always comes across amazingly well

Wiggins came across terribly

Thomas somewhere in the middle to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Found it funny when him and Luke were talking about who had the most fines knowing Luke would get thrown off the race a few days later.

Froome always comes across amazingly well
    Really? I always think he comes across too "nice" to be believable. Thomas is much more real, imo, as a personality.

Advertisement