Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Predict this years Wrestlemania Card

Options
  • 04-01-2020 2:07pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

People love to say how predictable WWE is and love fantasy booking mania so let's see how on the money you might be. Before the Rumble happens and some things already get locked into place what can you imagine happening at the biggest show of the year. It'll be interesting to look back in a few months and see how far off we are too.

WWE-WrestleMania-36-Banner-Logo.jpg

Universal Title Main Event
    Daniel Bryan (C) vs Roman Reigns (Rumble Winner)
    They seemed to be building towards this with the who attacked Reigns backstage angle but then it was dropped (maybe saved for later) and with a face/face situation maybe Bryan can talk up his respect for Reigns in the build up to avoid the crowd turning on Reigns... before Reigns turns on Bryan at Mania!! :pac:

Raw Womens championship
    Becky Lynch (C) vs Shayna Baszler or Ronda Rousey
    Becky has the Survivor series post match angle with Baszler that can be picked up at anytime but if Shayna doesn't win the rumble / leave NXT Becky also has a ready made Mania rematch vs the most high profie female fighter in Ronda Rousey for her if Ronda returns especially after last years finish

WWE World Championship
    Brock Lesnar (C) vs Cain Velasquez
    The rubber match that is easily promoted in the main stream sports media in America even if Brock is not always around.

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs John Cena
    They decide The Fiend and his red light match would be better off as a special attraction and not as a title main event at Mania and he does tend to face people from his past, Cena is more likely to have a short match at Mania and put someone over a la his Taker match so...

Retirement Match
    "King" Corbin vs Edge
    Surprise Rumble return. Says he wants to end his career on his own terms (that his injury had taken that away from him) but Corbin says he will take that away from him just like he did his friend Kurt Angle last year!

Celeb Matchup
    Braun Strowman & Tyson Fury vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro & Sami Zayn
    Gotta have celeb involvement and it was rumoured last time he appeared that Fury may return at mania. Cesaro & Zayn always getting involved as Nakamur/Brauna trade the IC title back and forth in the build up before Fury comes in to level to level the scales even in a 3vs2

US Title Ladder Match
    AJ Styles vs Randy Orton vs Ricochet vs Andrade vs Alistair Black vs Buddy Murphy
    Not much explanation needed here, it'd be great and provides some variety to the card

Seth Rollins & Authors of Pain vs Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe & Rey Mysterio
    Not too confident on this one, Seth will probably have a 1-1 match, maybe vs Owens but this allows everyone on my card while I'm predicting this far out.

Raw Tag titles Match
    Viking Raiders vs Lashley & Rusev w/Lana
    Vince loves the Lashley/Rusev stuff and reports suggest it's going to run and run. Would you put it beyond creative to somehow have them end up tagging after all is said and done. Wouldn't be pitching it but I could imagine Lana dumping Lashley, him and Rusev bonding over a pint forming a tag team then swerve Lana interferes at Mania as they win the gold!

Smackdowns Womens championship
    Bailey vs Sasha
    If it's not Shayna or a returning Ronda winning the womans rumble it's Sasha imo and tbh I can't see a better/bigger match up on the SD side than these two even if i'm unseure on the heel/heel dynamic.

Smackdown Tag Title elimination match
    The Revival vs The Usos vs The Miz & Morrison vs The New Day

This would Just be a great match and it's mere existence makes it look like SD has an awesome tag team scene... who wouda thunk it!

Andre The Giant Battle Royal
    Winner: Drew McIntyre
    Involving: Drew, Humberto Carillo, Jeff Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, Elias, Rowan, Jinder Mahal, Matt Hardy, Bobby Roode, Shorty G, Cedric Alexander, Heavy Machineryx2, The Clubx2, Street Profitsx2, Akira Tozawa, Titus, Mojo, Shelton, Apollo Crews, EC3, Ryder&Hawkins, Kalisto/Dorado/Metallik, Heath Slater, Bo Dallas

WWE Womens Tag Title Match
    The Kabuki Warriors vs Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross vs Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville

Sheamus vs Mustafa Ali

R-Truth vs The Rest of the roster & "Celebs" in 24/7 title related backstage skits throughout

So what do you think?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Fiend Vs. Roman will be the main event and Roman will topple the Fiend and give him his first loss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Loughc wrote: »
    The Fiend Vs. Roman will be the main event and Roman will topple the Fiend and give him his first loss.

TBH that is by far the most likely thing alright but I'm hoping they go a different route with it.

No more overcoming all the odds super Roman booking for me. Something different and dare I say interesting is called for. So I would like to see them instead go for a respect angle between the champ (Bryan) and rumble winner Reigns to avoid the fans having to pick one over the other in the build up (you know they would pick Bryan). Then have Reigns go over big (dog) but turn heel in doing so.

His would be one time where I wouldn't mind the whole blame the fans type promo considering how the fans booed him for so long when tbh Reigns was not the one to blame it was more those who pushed him and when / how they did. Kayfabe wise Roman did not deserve any of that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TBH that is by far the most likely thing alright but I'm hoping they go a different route with it.

No more overcoming all the odds super Roman booking for me. Something different and dare I say interesting is called for. So I would like to see them instead go for a respect angle between the champ (Bryan) and rumble winner Reigns to avoid the fans having to pick one over the other in the build up (you know they would pick Bryan). Then have Reigns go over big (dog) but turn heel in doing so.

His would be one time where I wouldn't mind the whole blame the fans type promo considering how the fans booed him for so long when tbh Reigns was not the one to blame it was more those who pushed him and when / how they did. Kayfabe wise Roman did not deserve any of that.

Yes this would have been perfect booking and a more interesting route and card but it’s not going to happen. WWE is happy to spin the wheels without being adventurous, Mania will still sell out and people will subscribe to the network just for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm going for Joe or KO winning the rumble and facing Brock at WM for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Adam Cole to win the Royal Rumble and face Brock for the Universal title.

The Fiend vs Roman vs Bryan in the other title match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Except for fiend vs roman I’m not sure what else it could be

Very out there prediction is edge & Christian vs revival

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Nikki Cross could win women's rumble and face Alexa or Bayley or Sasha at WM for the SD women's title

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can see Taker having a match or at least appearing

Prob a king Corbin bollocks promo with taker laying him out

So what do you think?

btw this part of the OP wasn't about my predictions, more so wondering if anyone else has some. It'd be interesting to look back and see what people called this far in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Now that Lesnar is in the Rumble idk what to think but as sky88 said above I can't see what the WWE Title match could be other than Reigns/Fiend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bill Goldberg vs Triple H

Reasoning is that Bill came back after the Taker match to continue on... but to what? Mania is the biggest show of the year. So makes sense he will have a match at it. While Triple H always seems to have a match at Mania and he never wrestlers a lower card guy. Has to have a big note-worthy match. What else could be such a high profile match if you wanted to book both for the show? Let them go at it.

Bill Goldberg vs Triple H

Reasoning is that Bill came back after the Taker match to continue on... but to what? Mania is the biggest show of the year. So makes sense he will have a match at it. While Triple H always seems to have a match at Mania and he never wrestlers a lower card guy. Has to have a big note-worthy match. What else could be such a high profile match if you wanted to book both for the show? Let them go at it.

Maybe have Goldberg bad mouth NXT or something to start this rivalry. Then have Triple H reply in some personal attack leading to a no holds barred match

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Goldberg ever face Gillberg?

Card got leaked apparently oh boy what a steaming load of xxxx

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7JYbK1gy6j/?igshid=dlr9ax7ty6aa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Card got leaked apparently oh boy what a steaming load of xxxx

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7JYbK1gy6j/?igshid=dlr9ax7ty6aa

I could believe that was their plan subject to change at the time.

With regards Goldberg he was one I completely forgot about. Don't think he will face HHH though I think he will face off against Matt Riddle (though that could be the pre-Mania takeover.

Advertisement