Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Applying for a Credit Card

• 03-01-2020 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello and Happy New Year!

I'm trying to get a credit card but I'm having trouble getting approved. I've never had a credit card before and never taken out a loan so I'm assuming it's my lack of credit history that's a problem. I'm working full-time and have been in my job about 2 years. Been at my present address for 1 year.

Would anyone know of credit cards that are particularly easy to get? So far I've applied from KBC and an post and been rejected. I really only need the card for hotels and would need about a 2500 limit on it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Generally with your bank they should have no problem giving you one, perhaps seek a low limit of €1k and load it up when you would need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LeinsterJC

Thanks, ya it may be that I'm applying for too big of a limit. I'm not able to apply for a credit card with KBC now for 6 months so will need to apply with a different provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If it isn't your own bank then Avantcard could be next in line (if they are still looking for new business after taking over Tesco credit card).

You will probably get a low limit at start and still pay government stamp fee, so be aware of the cost.

Normally own bank is first port of call, but they can be funny sometimes and other lenders are more than happy to accept your application than your own bank.

Dont make too many applications at the same time. Wait for refusal and try elsewhere.

Advertisement