Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good (secondhand) DSLR camera for my daughter (12)

Options
  • 02-01-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

My daughter wants to get into photography and is very good with my phones camera.
    I thought about getting a bridge camera but someone said she'd be better going straight to a DSLR.
    I'd like to buy something secondhand for less than 100 euros/pounds.
    Ideally something with a friendly interface that she can edit on.
    Probably one of the popular brands or, Nikon/Canon/Sony.
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

There's a Canon 350D on Adverts.ie for €100.
    Lots of people started out on this particular model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

I know it's a pain when people make suggestions that ignore budgets set out, but have you looked at mirrorless systems, have the control of and learning potential of a DSLR with a smaller size which may suit the age.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I would say something like a used Canon kit or Nikon kit. She can get 2 lenses in a kit, so can experience the difference in lenses and benefits on one lens vs another lens. She can also use flash too.

Here's a Canon kit for around €200, used. Comes with flash, standard lens and a zoom lens. The flash in this kit is sold now but it was a good one. But for example's sake.

https://www.adverts.ie/digital-cameras/canon-eos-400d-camera-and-kit/19188666

Advertisement