Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price on Application

Options
  • 02-01-2020 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Why do some adverts on daft.ie not list price, instead "Priced on application".

Im curious why some choose to do this, particularly for new builds.

If I see this I generally just discount the house straight away, a bit like a house listed with no photos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Why do some adverts on daft.ie not list price, instead "Priced on application".

Im curious more then anything else why some choose to do this, particularly for new builds.

If I see this I generally just discount the house straight away, a bit like a house listed with no photos.

Poha I call them.

It is really petty behaviour really. They'll invent a sum based on how keen or how rich the enquirer sounds or simply trying to guage interest while keeping ones cards close to one's chest. Then you have the codology that seller don't want the neighbours to know how much they have the cheek to ask for their little shack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Allinall

It’s to avoid time wasters, lobbing in bids of 75% of the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Poha I call them.

It is really petty behaviour really. They'll invent a sum based on how keen or how rich the enquirer sounds or simply trying to guage interest while keeping ones cards close to one's chest. Then you have the codology that seller don't want the neighbours to know how much they have the cheek to ask for their little shack.

There's a lot of this involved still I'd say.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

be it car or house or whatever, if you wont tell me the price ive little interest. Usually tells you the seller is an absolute dreamer wanting way too much.

Allinall wrote: »
    It’s to avoid time wasters, lobbing in bids of 75% of the asking price.

Ha! I offered about 60% of the asking price one time, was later offered the place for even less (when I didn't want it anymore)

• Advertisement

be it car or house or whatever, if you wont tell me the price ive little interest. Usually tells you the seller is an absolute dreamer wanting way too much.

Crowd near me had a garden centre for sale. Really the smallest type of garden centre imaginable less than half an acre in the backarse of nowhere and most of the plants there consisted of overgrowth they were too lazy to maintain. So for divilment I called up to ask the price

200,000 they wanted
    I asked does it include the house
    It didn't.

The crowd that own it are fond of lifting the glass so I reckon what happened is they got way too carried away one evening on the sauce and the following morning managed to hoik in some auctioneer crazy enough to list it for stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭raxy

For new builds it's because they change the price between phases so probably don't want buyers to be able to see that their house was €20k cheaper in the previous release.
    When I was buying i noticed a new development sold for 200k but phase 2 sold for 225k.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭FAMLEE

POA is usually a stupidly high(er) than avaerage price,ie. they are looking for a certain sucker..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If it's a new build it's a way of setting different prices for different house in the estate, one at the back are more as are the ones with West and South facing gardens... Also if the market is volatile they can change it without having to print new material. ...

Advertisement